What Is New
Log of Changes and Improvements to Sierra Chart
This list contains major items of development, items which are notable, and changes and additions which users need to be informed about.
This is not a comprehensive changes and additions log. It only represents less than 25% of the actual development performed every day. There are not version notes for each version. The main Sierra Chart documentation is updated as needed relating to the changes and additions.
In addition to the below listed items for each version, there are also various low-level improvements, issues resolved, and small additions that a release has which are not listed.
1915 Release Date: 2019-05-01
- Continued small fixes and improvements with the new tab controls for main window Child windows and Chartbooks.
- Added Gann HiLo Activator study.
- Added support for all data/trade services for the Edit >> Translate Symbols to Current Service command. This will automatically translate the symbols in the open Charts and Quote Boards which are formatted for a different data/trading service to the format required for the data/trading service Sierra Chart is set to currently.
- Updated the Trading: Spread Order Entry study to be able to support working with market data that requires a price multiplier. One of these cases would be the Sierra Chart order routing service that uses TT for order routing. Previous to this version this trading study is not going to do the spread calculations properly in this case. This is now resolved as of this version.
1912 Release Date: 2019-04-26
- Bid size and ask size volume bar sizes for the market data columns on a Chart/Trade DOM are relative to both the bid and ask size columns together. The same now also applies to the market depth pulling and stacking columns.
- In Graphics Settings there is now the ability to enable and disable the Last Trade Price Box.
- Additional improvements to the new child window and Chartbook tab controls. The color settings now are supported. Double-click on a tab is supported to maximize a window. And there are now arrow buttons to move the tabs left and right.
- Implemented support for Interactive Scaling on left side chart scale. This still needs more work for support with the main price graph.
- Resolved issues with the reset of the Recent Bid Volume and Ask Volume market data columns when using a timeout setting.
- Changes to initial fill filtering for a trade list (used for trade statistics and trades list) for simulated trading and Sierra Chart order routing services to allow the first fill to be a reversal fill that initiates a new position.
1906 Release Date: 2019-04-18
- Corrected a scenario where there could be an unexpected reset of the Recent Bid Volume and Ask Volume for a price level. An explanation of the basic scenario is where when the market has traded on the bid side at a particular price and stays there without any further trading for an extended time like 30 seconds, then the market trades at the next higher price and then back to the prior price within a single second, when it trades back to the prior price on the bid side, the Recent Bid Volume would have been reset because there was no trading therefore 31 seconds. This is resolved in version 1906.
- Corrected a problem where when historical market depth data files are loaded in a chart like when using the Market Depth Historical Graph study, there can be a scenario where there is a continuous reading of the most recent data in the latest file loaded causing an endless loop. This is not a common scenario but sometimes it has been reported to occur around the market opening. This is now resolved.
- Continued improvements with New Chartbook and main window child tabs.
1903 Release Date: 2019-04-17
- A future intersection line can now always be set to extend to the end of the chart and can also be a transparent drawn range rather than just a single line. This is supported by the Volume at Price Threshold Alert V2 study and by the ACSIL function: sc.AddLineUntilFutureIntersectionEx(const n_ACSIL::s_LineUntilFutureIntersection& LineUntilFutureIntersection).
- New Chartbook and main window child tabs. There are still some outstanding issues with this new feature that will be resolved in the next release.
- Corrected a problem from version 1898 with the Trade Activity Log where when a chart initiates a trade activity clear operation for the Symbol and Trade Account of the chart, the chart will get notified. This should not happen. This should not cause a problem but should not occur either.
1898 Release Date: 2019-04-10
- Corrected an issue with the new Trade Activity Log where the trade activity will log itself would not update after a clear operation initiated from a chart.
- Implemented resolution to a scenario where a delayed order modification quantity was not being used by a trail order modification which could result in an Attached Order not being increased from multiple parent fills to the full parent order quantity.
- Delayed order modifications are now immediately performed as soon as the prior pending operation on the order has completed.
- Corrected an issue from a recent release where the Position Average Price incrementally calculated from external service order fills, was not accurate upon a reconnection to the data feed. This affected the CQG trading service.
- Implemented support for a backup server in the Service Settings for the Sierra Chart Order Routing Service. If you are using this service, set Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings >> Service Setting >> Backup Server to Server 4.
1892 Release Date: 2019-03-29
- Updated Volume by Price study to allow the adjustment of the Width values for the outlines. This affects all Drawing Methods and is controlled separately for Primary and Evening sessions.
- Added HL Volatility study.
- Added option for how to display Percentages (as 2 decimal places with percent sign, or using Value Format setting) in the Numbers Bars Calculated Values studies.
- Added support for using additional order types from ACSIL including using them as Attached Orders.
- New TPO Profile Chart calculations displayed in the Chart Values Windows.
- Trade Activity Log performance improvements. Refer to this support board thread for further details. To view data on the Statistics, Trades, Period Stats tabs, it is necessary to first select the Trade Activity tab from the menu at the top. In the list box at the top left, select either Fills or All Activity to display the fills on the Trade Activity tab and then press the Apply button. If there are no fills displayed on the Trade Activity tabs, then the Statistics, Trades, Period Stats tabs will display zeros or be blank.
- Keyboard shortcut and control bar button support for Flatten Only and Send Attached Orders by Position.
- Support for the new Sierra Chart Order Routing Service.
- Various other lower level development.
1881 Release Date: 2019-03-04
- Implemented order fill filtering for the Trades list used by the Trade Statistics, Trades and Period Stats tabs of the Trade Activity Log, so the first fill loaded is aligned to the beginning of a new position to generate consistently accurate trading statistics. This only applies to simulated trading, the Sierra Chart futures order routing service, and the Sierra Chart simulated futures trading service.
- Updated Percent Change Since Open study to set the default of the Multiplier input to 100. When this value is set to 100, the display of the data is in proper percentage difference format.
- Updated Percent Change Since Previous Close study to multiply the data by 100. This allows the display of the data to be in proper percentage difference format.
- Improvements related to filling orders from estimated position in queue to ensure there are no unexpected conditions for filling an order and to ensure there is no negative queue position.
1880 Release Date: 2019-02-26
- Updated the coloring methodology for the Market Depth Historical Graph so the full range of each color will be used and each color will use the Minimum Volume Intensity Percent within its own range.
- Corrected an issue from a recent prerelease with the main instance of Sierra Chart freezing under certain conditions when running a sub instance related to the sending of trade orders to the sub instance.
- Added new display options for Trading: Profit/Loss Text study.
- New ACSIL function sc.EvaluateGivenAlertConditionFormulaAsDouble to evaluate a given alert formula and return the actual resulting value.
1877 Release Date: 2019-02-20
- New ACSIL function sc.EvaluateGivenAlertConditionFormulaAsBoolean to evaluate a given alert formula.
- Corrected a problem from a significantly older version where the reading of the old chart drawing data structure in a Chartbook from versions dating back earlier than March 2017 was not being skipped over properly preventing the Chartbook from being fully read. When opening an old Chartbook from versions earlier than approximately version 1531, chart drawings will not be read. Update to this version, to be able to open Chartbooks from versions earlier than version 1531.
And to be able to get the chart drawings also loaded with the Chartbook, the solution is to install version 1531 and open the older version Chartbook, save the Chartbook and then the Chartbook can be opened in version 1877 and higher.
1875 Release Date: 2019-02-14
- Corrected a problem affecting versions 1870 through 1874 which could after a certain period of time because a deadlock in Sierra Chart causing it to freeze with 0% CPU usage.
- Implemented initial order fill filtering for the Trades list in a chart (which is used for calculations like the Daily Profit/Loss, trade statistics, Position quantity for simulated trading, historical order fill display on the chart, and other related values), where the first fill loaded must be at the start of a new Position. Otherwise, the fill will be filtered. This ensures that the Position quantity value which is generated from the Trades list, and the trade statistics are properly aligned to the start of a new Position in order to provide consistently accurate values. However, this feature can only work reliably for simulated trading (when Trade >> Trade Simulation Mode On is enabled, the Futures Trading Evaluator service, and the new upcoming Sierra Chart order routing service. It cannot work reliably with any other external trading service. Also it can only work for order fills processed for these particular services and Trade Simulation Mode, effective with this version and higher. Update: This functionality needs additional work and will be fully implemented in version 1876.
- Corrected an issue with the formatting of the option symbols when using Get Options in the Find Symbol window with Interactive Brokers.
- Corrected an issue with the formatting of the data with Edit >> Copy Chart Values.
1873 Release Date: 2019-02-08
- Corrected problem with parsing of JSON data with the BitMex service which would lead to JSON parse failures in some cases. This issue arose in recent versions. It related to an updated JSON parser we began to use.
1871 Release Date: 2019-02-08
- Corrected a problem in 1870 where support for estimated position in queue during chart replays is apparently causing orders to fill unexpectedly. Support for estimated position in queue during chart replays has been disabled in 1871 since it is a new feature that has not yet been tested but was not expected to cause a problem either.
- Added support for peak and valley lines on the Volume by Price study when used with the TPO Profile chart study.
- Additional coloring options for Market Depth Historical Graph study with 4 Ask colors and 4 Bid colors and the ability to define the percentage levels at which the colors will change.
- Changes to Recent Bid/Ask data columns in DOMs - Connected functionality for Reset Recent Bid/Ask on Bid/Ask Change with Reset Recent Bid/Ask Timeout so that the Recent Bid/Ask will not reset on a Bid/Ask change unless the time listed has passed; Changed background coloring for Last Traded Bid/Ask Background to display both Bid and Ask background.
- Renamed the ACSIL functions sc.GetStudyPersistent*FromChart to sc.GetPersistent*FromChartStudy.
1866 Release Date: 2019-01-31
- Updated Kurtosis study to give results that match the correct mathematics.
- Updating Trading Technologies service integration to support their REST API. This development is still in progress and not complete.
- Resolved corruption problem when using new ACSIL spreadsheet functions with the remote build compiler which was causing an exception. It is necessary to update to this version and rebuild the code to avoid any further issues.
- Resolved corruption problem when using the ACSIL functions SetPersistentSCDateTime, SetPersistentSCDateTimeForChartStudy in source code compiled with the remote build compiler. It is necessary to update to this version and rebuild the code to avoid any further issues.
1864 Release Date: 2019-01-23
- Resolved a problem with the Global Profit/Loss Management where not all of the charts were being tracked in the profit/loss calculation. This issue arose related when some additional values four tracking the profit/loss among multiple symbols were added.
- Added support for Chartbook Groups.
- The required width for the values scale for chart studies is now fully included in both the right and left side scale areas on the chart. Additionally, an option is going to be added to chart studies to control whether the study will have any effect on the scale width calculation.
- Starting with version 1863 and higher, even when there is a multiple chart synchronized replay, the studies are called/calculated whenever the High, Low, or Last prices of the current bar changes or there is a new bar added to the chart during the processing of the data records in the Intraday chart data file. This ensures consistency with multiple chart back tests no matter what the replay speed is.
1860 Release Date: 2019-01-13
- The problem where an order goes into a canceled state after a failed modification or a failed cancellation, is now resolved with BitMex in version 1857.
- Low-level network socket core performance improvements.
- Corrected a recent issue involving the selection of manually drawn volume profiles which could also affect the selection of other types of chart drawings.
- Added support to enter an identical order entered from a chart or Trade DOM or the Trade Window to one or more additional Trade Accounts. This feature requires version 1860 or higher and should not be used in an earlier version because it is not properly supported in earlier versions even though the user interface for it exists. This feature is accessed through the Menu button on the Trade Window and then through Settings >> Order Allocation to Trade Accounts. This feature currently only works in Trade Simulation Mode for safety reasons. It needs to be tested first in Trade Simulation Mode. Order confirmations are always enabled when submitting an order with this functionality enabled.
- Various improvements to the Manage Chart Drawings window.
- Added support for the display of 1/8 of 1/32 fractions. These are now used with ZT futures.
- Added option to limit the number of levels displayed in the Market Depth Historical Graph study.
1852 Release Date: 2018-12-18
- Added new Simple Alert base graph variable BARENDDATETIME that gives the ending time of a bar.
- Added new options to Market Depth Historical Graph study. A new option to allow for selection of Maximum Depth or Last Depth for the data displayed after the Last bar. Also, added options for how the quantity is displayed to allow for the ability to only display the quantities after the last bar. Also added a new Input to allow for entry of a Percentage of Maximum Depth below which the data is not displayed.
- Added new ACSIL functions: sc.SetAttachedOrders(const s_SCNewOrder& AttachedOrdersConfiguration), sc.GetLineNumberOfSelectedUserDrawnDrawing(), sc.MakeHTTPPOSTRequest(const SCString& URL, const char* POSTData).
- Two new studies available: KDJ and Greatest Swing Value.
- Added options in Global Settings >> Graphics Settings to set the colors for the volume bars displayed in the Chart/Trade DOMs, individually for each column type.
- Increased the throughput of the network socket core within Sierra Chart. This really is only applicable when Sierra Chart is sending large amounts of data through its DTC server.
- Custom calculated symbol support. Refer to Custom Calculated Symbols documentation.
- Added new Moving Average-Time Period study where the length is controlled by a time period specification rather than a number of bars. Zero values are skipped in the calculation.
- Corrected a problem where a scrollbar was not displayed on detached charts and another case where a scrollbar was being displayed on a Trading DOM window.
1847 Release Date: 2018-11-25
- Added new UDP server commands to release and load custom DLL files.
- Added alternative replacement for remote chart data files. Documentation will be added shortly.
- Continued improvements with the Trades list and Trades Statistics in the Trade Activity Log.
- Corrected a problem with copying of selected lines on the Trades tab of the Trade Activity Log.
- Updated Rithmic bridge program to use new connect point for the market data server.
- Changed the ACSIL function sc.GetSpreadsheetSheetHandleByName to include the new parameter: CreateSheetIfNotExist. If you are using this function in an ACSIL study, it is mandatory that you rebuild the custom study when using this version or higher, otherwise there will be unstable behavior.
- Low-level improvements with the network socket core.
- New order types added: Triggered Stop, Stop-Limit Client-side managed.
- Interactive Brokers options chains support through the File >> Find Symbol window. This is still in development and only works with some symbols at this time.
- Added new Sheet cells when using the Spreadsheet System for Trading study: All Symbols Daily Net Profit/Loss, All Symbols Cumulative Net Profit/Loss.
1837 Release Date: 2018-11-08
- Fixed issue with trade orders list when sorting by symbol that could lead to a potential exception and also corrected an efficiency issue related to symbol settings which could slow the display of data on the Trade Orders window and Trade Activity logs.
- Greatly improved Custom study DLL management. There will no longer be permission denied errors when using external build tools. There is no longer a need to use: sc.FreeDLL. There are new commands on Analysis >> Build Custom Studies DLL >> Build to release all DLLs and to allow the loading again to support using external custom study build tools. These changes were necessary to maintain high performance with custom studies by not automatically loading and releasing the DLL at every study calculation and also eliminated a memory leak which exists on Windows 10 in some cases related to this. Instead a DLL is only released and reloaded as necessary to allow changes to the DLL executable.
- Improvements to Trades list tab in the Trade Activity Log. A Flat to Flat display is now supported which can be enabled through the Edit menu on the Trade Activity Log.
- Volume Profile and TPO profile performance improvements. This is most significant when there are a large number of profiles on the chart.
- Corrected an issue in 1836 where Volume Profiles are TPO profiles may disappear from the chart when opening the Chart Studies window or the Study Settings window.
- Corrected an issue that arose in the last couple of months, where after modifying a drawn Volume Profile directly on the chart, it may not have been possible to click on the drawing again until the chart was redrawn.
1833 Release Date: 2018-10-30
- Removed the FXCM FIX Trading service from being used by end users. This is not meant for end-user use any longer. If you require this connection, you need to continue to use an older version and we strongly recommend that you use the new connection method explained on the FXCM Trading page.
- Added the ability on the Trade Activity Log to combine individual trades into a single summary Flat to Flat trade. The command for this is on the Edit menu of the Trade Activity Log.
- Other Trades List and Trade Statistics improvements including adding new Flat to Flat data fields.
- Corrected a move stop to breakeven issue where when using the option to trigger based on an OCO group, this could lead to an abnormal shutdown of Sierra Chart due to a null pointer exception.
- Corrected a problem with the move stop to breakeven reference price when using a single stop order and scaling in, where the reference price would not change significantly from the original parent order price. This issue arose after correcting an issue with the move to breakeven reference price calculation when there are multiple linked stop orders.
- Support for remote chart data files has been removed in this version and some recent versions. For further information, refer to this support board thread. An alternative superior solution is in development and should be out no later than the middle of November 2018. If you use remote chart data files, you should not update to the newer versions of Sierra Chart until this alternative functionality is out. If you do, the remote chart data file functionality will not work and the chart data file will instead be referenced from the Data folder of the instance the chart is in.
1828 Release Date: 2018-10-24
- Added commands to clear Total Traded Volume above or below price on the Chart/Trade DOM.
- Corrected a problem where the filled orders displayed on the chart would show the profit/loss for entry fills but not exit fills.
- Implemented several reliable Open Position Average Calculation methods. These can be set through Chart >> Chart Settings >> Advanced Settings 3. The option for using Flat to Flat for the Trade Position line has now been removed from Chart Trade Settings. The new method for determining the Position Average price is very reliable and works under more conditions.
- Corrected a recent issue where sometimes when left clicking or right clicking on a Chart Drawing, a selection would not occur. Therefore, the Chart Drawing would either not get selected or the right-click menu would not display the Chart Drawing related commands.
- Removed support for the Adjust Secondary option for Pitchfork drawings.
- Updated the Gain Capital service to use two digit years in the symbols. This process is fully automatic when updating to 1827 and higher. Nothing special needs to be done other than updating the Symbol Settings in case that does not happen automatically.
- New spreadsheet Functions added to ACSIL for getting and setting text strings and numbers when interacting with Spreadsheets.
- With the BitMex trading service, market orders which are closing a Position have a Close instruction set with them so they cannot open a new Position.
- Continued development related to the Trades list and Trade Statistics.
1821 Release Date: 2018-10-12
- Corrected issue with Total Filled Quantity in the Trade Statistics. This was not calculated properly because it was being decremented in the case of sell fills and that should not have been the case.
- Continued improvements, and correcting of issues related to the Trades list and Trade Statistics development. Additionally new Flat to Flat fields will be added to the Trade Statistics.
- New ACSIL functions and variables including the following:
- bool sc.OpenFile(const SCString& PathAndFileName, const int Mode, int& FileHandle);
- bool sc.ReadFile(const int FileHandle, char* Buffer, const int BytesToRead, unsigned int* p_BytesRead);
- bool sc.WriteFile(const int FileHandle, const char* Buffer, const int BytesToWrite, unsigned int* p_BytesWritten);
- bool sc.CloseFile(const int FileHandle);
- int sc.GetLastFileErrorCode(const int FileHandle);
- SCString GetLastFileErrorMessage(const int FileHandle);
- int AlertConditionEnabled
- int GetSessionTimesFromChart(const int ChartNumber, n_ACSIL::s_ChartSessionTimes& r_ChartSessionTimes);
1815 Release Date: 2018-10-03
- Extensive reimplementation of Trade list and Trade Statistics component. For complete details, refer to this Support Board posting.
- Two new options for TPO Profile Charts for Highlight Close in Profile and Highlight Close of Each New Sub Period within TPO Profile.
- New study - Price Momentum Oscillator.
- Fixed issue with held orders when using Send Attached Orders by Position or Price. These orders were not actually being held and therefore they were not functioning as intended.
- Corrected issue from recent release where depending upon where you left or right click on a Chart Drawing a selection may not have occurred. This is resolved.
- Implemented support for selecting vertical Chart Drawing lines related to the recent Chart Drawing improvements.
- Corrected potential deadlock issue with DTC server when receiving an order cancel/replace message.
- Corrected issue with control bar button state coloring when it is pushed in and has an image on it.
- In the ACSIL s_ACSTrade data structure the following members have been renamed: MaximumRunup >> OverallMaximumOpenPositionProfit, MaximumDrawdown >> OverallMaximumOpenPositionLoss. In the s_SCOrderFillData data structure the following member has been renamed: AverageFillPrice >> FillPrice.
- Various other lower level development.
1808 Release Date: 2018-09-19
- New Input for Numbers Bars called Spacing Adjustment Value. This sets the amount of space between the Numbers Bars columns. By default it is set to the smallest setting (a value of 3).
- Proper implementation of chart drawings on a logarithmic scale. This includes Line, Ray, Extending Line, Arrow, Pitchfork drawings. Other drawing tools will be supported over time. It is possible to right-click on these drawings at any point to access the menu for them. It is also support the left click at any point along these drawings to select the drawing on a logarithmic scale.
- New Spreadsheet System for Trading Values now outputted to the associated Sheet. These include the most recent order entry and exit price and date-time.
- Corrected a problem related to the accumulation of floating-point error with Point and Figure chart bars, which would result in a extra box not appearing in some cases for some chart bars. This was not a common issue and would only occur rarely.
- Corrected a recent issue related to the Dot line style where the appearance was not as expected. In reality though the particular actual styling which was wanted and which was previously used is called Alternate by the Windows operating system. What was happening is that the actual true Dot style was being used but that was not the desired appearance.
1803 Release Date: 2018-09-10
- Added new study - Polarized Fractal Efficiency.
- Corrected a GDI object leak problem from recent version which over time would cause Sierra Chart to run more slowly and eventually could potentially cause display issues.
- Reorganized the internal handling of font sizes.
- Corrected an issue where when right clicking on an extending line drawing on a logarithmic scale chart, the line may not have been selected and the associated commands for it would not be listed on the menu.
- Began implementation of proper fitting drawing tool lines on a logarithmic scale chart. Additional work needs to be done to support extending lines and right clicking on these lines to access various drawing tool related commands.
1798 Release Date: 2018-09-06
- New Numbers Bars Calculated Values 2 study. This is an additional study to the Numbers Bars Calculated Values to allow for additional items to be displayed.
- Changed name of Forecast Oscillator to Chande Forecast Oscillator.
- Added options to Momentum study to allow for Difference or Quotient calculations. This sets the centerline to either 0 or 100.
- Added new study - Connie Brown's Composite Index.
- Added new study - Moving Average - Block.
- Corrected a problem where when a Realtime Price Multiplier is required for the symbol, for example in the case of CTS, and there is more than one OCO group used with Attached Orders, the price calculation for Attached Orders for OCO Groups after 1 was based on an incorrect price adjustment. This arose in a recent release related to the recent trading optimizations being done.
- Corrected various small graphics related issues related to the recent graphics development.
1795 Release Date: 2018-09-01
- Definitively resolved the exception problem encountered in some cases when using the Spreadsheet study in recent versions. The problem was due to some small references being made to an object that was believed to be in a fixed location in memory, but that was not the case.
- Changes to Drawing Tool Configuration/Properties dialogs to improve interface. Changes are ongoing and not yet finalized.
1794 Release Date: 2018-08-31
- Corrected a problem from the recent trading development, where when using an OCO order type where each order in the OCO group, has its own Attached Orders, when one side of the OCO order filled or was canceled, the other side was not getting canceled. This is now resolved.
- Reverted recent Spreadsheet development improvements due to an exception problem experienced by some users and would apparently also lead to Spreadsheet formula cells clearing unexpectedly. 100% stability and perfection in Sierra Chart is critical to us, and this kind of problem is not acceptable and we do apologize for the issue and we are working hard on determining what the underlying cause is. If there are any further issues, do let us know so we can be aware of them and resolve them. Unfortunately none of these issues have shown up in any testing before the release and subsequent to that. Based on reports from users, version 1781 does not have these described issues.
- Various other lower level development and improvements.
1793 Release Date: 2018-08-24
- Continued trading related performance improvements. These performance improvements are a major step forward for Sierra Chart to support high-performance trading for both small and large scale trading (thousands of orders a second). Initial testing shows that order submission from the chart out to the network takes less than 20 microseconds.
- When there are multiple target orders and multiple linked stops at the same price, the move to breakeven calculation during a Scale In operation previously was only considering the quantity of the stop order which had its order quantity increased. Now it considers the order quantity of all of the linked stop orders, for a more precise move to breakeven calculation.
- Added new setting to Global Settings >> Symbol Settings to specify the global Trade Position Quantity Limit.
- Lower-level graphics improvements and issues resolved related to recent graphics development.
- Added new Trading: Position Average Price study.
- Corrected some minor issues with the Add Additional Symbol study.
- General performance improvements.
- A significant amount of trading related development has been done on this version and some testing has been completed and has all passed but more testing will be done. While we do not expect any issues, it is recommended to perform live trading only on the current release and not this particular prerelease, at this time.
1789 Release Date: 2018-08-17
- New Text Color input for Large Volume Trade Indicator study to control the color of the text that is drawn with the study.
- New Subgraph called Sum of Alerts within the Color Bar Based on Alert Condition study that sums up the number of true alerts.
- The entire trading order storage and order look up functionality has been greatly improved performance wise and offers drastically improved performance for large order sets (>=1000). The performance benefits increase with the larger the number of orders Sierra Chart is tracking. So if it is tracking thousands or hundreds of thousands of orders, the performance improvement will be significant to major. For less than 100, the performance improvement is negligible. Additional improvements will be made in the coming weeks.
- Added support for BitMex server-side OCO and Bracket orders.
- Resolved small graphics issues arising in prior release.
1787 Release Date: 2018-08-09
- Updated Renko Bar Predictor study to work properly when being used with Inverse Renko bars.
- Added support for downloading of historical orders fills from the BitMex crypto currency exchange.
- If the symbol settings for a symbol were not available when a chart is opened, when that chart is reloaded they will be reset to the symbol settings available, to ensure they are correct.
- General low-level trading improvements to support the futures trading evaluator, and general exchange functionality. There are numerous enhancements currently being worked on which will further reduce latency with order routing. It is already very fast for small sets of orders but for large-scale processing, in the thousands of orders, the development we are doing will reduce latency. This development is also used for applications where Sierra Chart is used for common order routing with omnibus accounts to handle multiple users.
- Updated Numbers Bars and Color Bar Based on Alert Condition studies to allow control for extension lines Label and Value from the subgraph page.
- Numbers Bars Calculated Values table lines now have the proper formatting in the Chart Values window.
- Graphics code reorganization into a common component to allow porting to other operating systems more easily. And performance improvements related to this. But the performance benefits at this point are going to be minimal if at all.
- Added new execution instruction options for the BitMex trading service.
- Added new Trading Status field for the Quote Board. This is set when using the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed and indicates whether the market is open or closed or is in a pre-open status.
*Last modified Wednesday, 18th March, 2020.