What Is New
Log of Changes and Improvements to Sierra Chart
This list contains major items of development, items which are notable, and changes and additions which users need to be informed about.
This is not a comprehensive changes and additions log. It only represents less than 25% of the actual development performed every day. There are not version notes for each version. The main Sierra Chart documentation is updated as needed relating to the changes and additions.
In addition to the below listed items for each version, there are also various low-level improvements, issues resolved, and small additions that a release has which are not listed.
2008 Release Date: 2019-11-08
- Support for delayed CME/CBOT/NYMEX/COMEX streaming data with market depth. This data is not available in this particular version. But this version supports that when this data feed is released.
- Change to High/ Low for Time Period-Extended study. The study now always uses the Stop Time Input defined within the study Input settings.
- Restored 32-bit version of Sierra Chart for the time being.
- Fixed a problem with the Numbers Bars Calculated Values studies for the background coloring by value percent, where the most recent bar could establish a highest or lowest value during bar creation. Now the most recent bar will not establish a Highest or Lowest value until it closes, and then only if the final value is a new high or low.
- Added an option to have the Numbers Bars Calculated Values studies Background Coloring Based on Value Percent establish the highest and lowest values from either all the data or from daily data.
- Added an option in Trade >> Chart DOM Settings to reset Cumulative Last Size in the Chart/Trade DOM column when the last trade moves from Bid to Ask or Ask to Bid.
- Changes to OpenGL implementation to better support multiple monitors.
2003 Release Date: 2019-10-25
- New option for text drawings to support hidden text. Left click on text to display and hide hidden text.
- When studies in charts make references to other charts, Chartbook loading can be faster because recalculation due to tagging with changes in source charts, only occurs once all chart data is loaded among all charts.
- New ACSIL function: sc.IsChartDataLoadingCompleteForAllCharts.
- New Inputs added to the TPO Profile Chart Study to support drawing extension lines when poor highs and lows are detected.
- For the Transact trading service, when connecting to the market data feed, now using the address and port provided by the authentication API from Transact. Since the server is now directly controlled by Transact, they can redirect users as needed. We have been told, that recent market data lagging issues with Transact have been resolved and using this version or higher which uses the address provided by Transact will resolve the problem.
- Developed a new replay server in the DTC server in Sierra Chart to replay Intraday chart data. Documentation on this will come later.
2000 Release Date: 2019-10-17
- New ACSIL function: sc.SetTradingLockState. This function also returns the prior state.
- Added the ability to graph High and Low lines historically with Period OHLC-Variable Period study.
- New Draw Style added: Point Variable Size with Border.
- With IQ Feed, using the Date field provided within update messages for date stamping rather than from the separate timestamp message.
- Corrected problem with the Gap Fill option in Chart Settings where when there are repetitive tick by tick records with a timestamp with 999 milliseconds and have the same Date and Time, it causes repetitive bars in the chart at least when using Range bars. This is now resolved.
- The CQG FIX connection method is being discontinued in January 2020. The CQG Web API connection method is what users will need to use after this time if you are not already using this method. This is controlled through the Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings >> Service setting. When updating to this version or higher, CQG FIX will no longer be listed and the service will be changed to CQG Web API if you have been using CQG FIX Trading. When using the CQG Web API, and trading a trade only symbol, like one of the new CME micro contracts, there will no longer be any order rejection message related to market data not being subscribed because market data is now subscribed.
We need to point out, that if you have been using the CQG FIX service, the CQG Web API has always been used even in that case to receive the market data.
1995 Release Date: 2019-10-06
- New Inputs for Market Depth Historical Graph that allow for coloring quantity values that are greater than or equal to a set value, a different color.
- The Spreadsheet study now supports specifying the formula source sheet by name.
- Added old version of Bid and Ask Depth Bars study. This study only supports using the historical market depth data and not Time and Sales data.
- Added support for Transact market depth data.
1991 Release Date: 2019-9-17
- Updates to the interface to the Transact trading service.
1988 Release Date: 2019-9-17
- Added Input to TPO Profiles for Use TPO Peaks and Valleys Sensitivity for Associated VbP. This allows a different sensitivity setting to be used for the Peaks and Valleys calculation for a Volume by Price study that is associated with a TPO.
- Non-simulated order fills downloaded by the main instance of Sierra Chart, now are sent to a sub instance.
1987 Release Date: 2019-9-12
- The underlying quantity summation calculation for Bid and Ask Depth Bars is now done incrementally. This is a huge efficiency improvement and will solve the problem of poor performance when using this study when there are a large number of levels like 500 levels.
- Corrected a problem with the recording of an end of batch flag for market depth data at the moment of when market depth data is subscribed to from the data feed, which could cause calculations for Bid and Ask Depth Bars to be done at an incorrect time resulting in a inaccurate value for the chart column where the subscription started.
- Small chart drawing performance improvement.
- Implemented additional fixes for OpenGL. All known outstanding issues are now resolved.
- The Chart >> Chart Settings >> Market Depth Combine Increment In Ticks is ignored when it is set to 1. This does have a limitation where when you are using a nonstandard Tick Size, that there will not be any market depth combining but this is a necessary performance improvement in case this is set to 1. This change is only temporary until we determine a solution to when this setting is mistakenly set to 1 and combining is not needed.
- Implemented the new Setting Global Settings >> Tool Settings >> Drawing Selection Margin in Pixels. This controls the margin from Chart Drawing lines which you can click within, when selecting a Chart Drawing. For example, if this is set to 12, then you can click 12 pixels away from the edge of a line to select it. This setting is multiplied by the Small Pixel Amount Scaling Factor in Global Settings >> General Settings.
1986 Release Date: 2019-9-6
- Removed support for CTS Hardware ID check when using the CTS Trading service. This may prevent CTS users from using Sierra Chart and the CTS T4 trading software at the same time on the same computer. If you are prevented from using both at the same time, this is a CTS restriction. This hardware ID check was removed because it is part of the process of simplifying the interface Sierra Chart has to the operating system and consolidating operating system code into core locations, in order to make porting to another operating system possible and it also reduces the risk of any potential startup issues by removing specialized functions which were used in the hardware ID check.
- Corrected a problem with the Bid and Ask Depth Bars study when the symbol uses a Price Multiplier which is the case with the SC Order Routing service.
- Added support for compact JSON market data encoding for the Transact trading service websocket connection. This will reduce or eliminate lagging data and also solves a problem with corrupted websocket frames with the binary encoded method, previously used, resulting in lost connections.
- Separated the Trade Orders, Positions and Balance window into three separate independent windows. These are all listed on the Trade menu. All of these windows are efficiently implemented. The purpose of this is to allow you to view each of these all at the same time. It also simplifies the internal management of them.
- When using the order allocation to trade accounts functionality, Attached Orders are now supported and can be also sent to the other Trade Accounts specified.
- Additional OpenGL bug fixes.
- Added new options in Global Settings >> Chart Trade Settings to control the fields displayed on working orders on a chart and Trading DOM.
1981 Release Date: 2019-8-26
- Support for fragmented frames for the websocket processor in Sierra Chart. This may be needed for the Transact websocket connection.
- Added new Input for Market Depth Historical Graph to allow for Minimum and Maximum depths to be determined from all the bars, or just from the visible bars in the chart.
- New color settings in Global Settings >> Graphics Settings for the Control Bar. Upon updating, check the Control Bar: Button Default Background color to make sure it is what you require. Change the other Control Bar colors as you require.
1978 Release Date: 2019-8-21
- When using the CQG FIX Trading service, the Account Balance field Available Funds For New Positions is now set.
- There is no longer a dependency on the local computer clock for real-time CQG data time stamping. Some issues with CQG time stamping are now fully resolved. Millisecond time stamping support for market depth. There are many quotes in a CQG message, some of which have timestamps and some do not. When there is not one, we now always use the latest quote timestamp from a prior quote, as they occur within the message no matter what the datatype is.
1973 Release Date: 2019-8-11
- Implemented immediate displaying of dialog windows to work around an operating system level problem where when opening a dialog window like Global Settings >> General Trade Settings the dialog window may not display. However, this causes though the dialog windows to be located at the top left of the parent window, rather than centered. Hopefully, this is not going to cause a problem for most of you. This change was critical because we have seen increasing number of reports of the operating system not displaying dialog windows. We expect by the end of the first quarter of 2020 all of the dialog windows to be replaced with a new implementation completely developed by Sierra Chart.
- New ACSIL functions added: sc.StartChartReplay(), sc.StopChartReplay(), sc.PauseChartReplay(), sc.ResumeChartReplay(), sc.ChangeChartReplaySpeed(), sc.GetStudyProfileInformation(), sc.GetStudySubgraphColors(), sc.SetStudySubgraphColors(), sc.ApplyStudyCollection(), sc.IsChartZoomInStateActive(), sc.GetTradeStatisticsForSymbolV2()
- Additional updates to the TPO Profile Chart study to display TPO profile values for each profile.
- Corrected a problem with subscribing to Transact symbols when using the new Transact websocket connection, when there are some lowercase letters in symbol which prevented the symbol from being subscribed to.
- Corrected a problem when using both the Denali Exchange Data Feed, and the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed at the same time and when the Denali Data Feed did not have any exchanges activated which prevented the market data requests from going to the right service.
- Market depth data with just one level is now processed by the Bid and Ask Depth Bars study.
- New setting: Chart >> Chart Settings >> Advanced Settings 3 >> Number of Levels for Bid/Ask Depth Calculations. This is used to control the number of levels used in the calculations for the Bid and Ask Depth Bars study.
- Improvements, with the handling of extended market depth data with Sierra Chart data feeds, for levels near the limit of 500 or at the limit of the number of levels specified in Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings >> SC Server Settings >> Max Depth Levels.
- The new implementation of Sierra Chart timers has been disabled in an earlier release for the time being until we have more time to work on that later.
1959 Release Date: 2019-07-26
- Corrected a problem in the chart Trades list where regardless of how Chart >> Chart Settings >> Advanced Settings 3 >> Use Symbol Commission Setting in Trades List and Statistics Calculations was set, the Round Turn Commission was always used in the calculations if it was set on the Symbol in the Global Symbol Settings.
- In the case of when using CQG, there has been a change where the calculations for market depth pulling and stacking and the totaling of the Bid market depth quantities and the Ask market depth quantities on a market depth update are done after all of the incremental depth updates are processed in a batch as they are given from the data feed. Instead of after each one because the incremental updates will create an invalid order book until they are all fully processed in a batch. This is the only correct way to do this and is an essential performance improvement as well. Otherwise, there can be quantity imbalances between the Bid and Ask side until they are all done. It also needs to be understood, with the advanced market depth data processing that Sierra Chart now has, the highest accuracy of market depth data processing and presentation will only be with the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed or the new Denali Exchange Data Feed (a lower cost data feed) in regards to the CME markets because these feeds, utilize direct CME multicast feed connections and everything is perfectly implemented right from the source. Also unlike the CQG websocket data feed, these data feeds use a very efficient protocol and are processed on a background thread within Sierra Chart.
- For the Transact trading service, added support for not connecting to the trading orders connection so that market data can be used independently. When Transact makes the trading connection available, the trading connection will automatically work.
- New TPO Profile Study Inputs to display the TPO fields of data which are displayed in the Chart Values window, above or below TPO profiles.
- When using the Futures Trading Evaluator service, the Trade >> Trade Activity Log >> Edit >> Filter Initial Fills Part of Existing Position, is always considered to be enabled regardless of whether it is enabled or not on the menu. This is so that the first fill in the internal Trades list of the Trade Activity Log is always properly aligned to the start of a Position.
- Added new studies:
- Normalized Volume
- Rate of Change Oscillator Type I
- Rate of Change Oscillator Type II
- DeMarker Oscillator Type I
- DeMarker Oscillator Type II
- Second revision: We have completed and released the implementation of Sierra Charts own timer functionality. Completely replacing operating system timers used in Sierra Chart. This is managed in a super reliable way on a dedicated thread that only takes typically about 100 µs of processing time per second. This is a significant performance improvement. It should also reduce the incident rate, although low, of users of sometimes not being able to see dialog windows when opening them. Since there are no longer windows created in the background for timers and therefore this reduces the windows resources used in the operating system. You can see the reduction of window objects by looking in the Windows Task Manager Processes tab for the SierraChart.exe process. The USER Objects field, which may have to be added, will be lower.
1957 Release Date: 2019-07-23
- Corrected a flat to flat Trade combining issue when transitioning from Long to Short Positions or Short to Long Positions. This issue arose in a recent release.
- Corrected a problem from the prior release where the Bid and Ask Depth Bars calculations were not being performed. This was a result of a small logic error, when performing validation of having complete market depth data before the calculations.
- Update to Market Depth Historical Graph where bars that do not have any new data (due to disconnected from data feed) will not automatically fill in and display the last known depth. To fill in the missing data, set the option for Extend Last Known Depth to Yes.
1954 Release Date: 2019-07-21
- New Triggered Limit with Chase functionality order type added.
- Corrected a problem where when using a Triggered Limit order as an attached order the Target order was still remaining as a pending child client even though the parent order filled. This prevented the order from ever becoming active.
- Additional improvements with millisecond timestamp support for market depth data.
1953 Release Date: 2019-07-19
- The new Adjust Interval (MS) setting on the Scale Window has been implemented for a Constant Range Scale. It sets a fixed amount of time for the amount of time to take to adjust the scale to its new position, measured in milliseconds. The speed at which the scale moves will depend on how far the scale needs to be adjusted. In other words, the time is constant, but the speed is variable.
- Corrected some issues with keyboard shortcuts from version 1945.
- With the Symbol Settings changes effective with version 1920, we have realized that when preserving the existing user set Symbol Settings by placing them into a separate file, that inadvertently some settings which were not user set were determined to be user set. This was due to a difference between the stored Symbol Settings on a users installation of Sierra Chart and what the server has, resulting in various incorrect user set settings which can alter critical defaults for Symbol Settings. These incorrect settings can affect routing of market data requests. In most cases this is not an issue but there are some issues.
What we have done to solve this is that when you update to version 1953 or any version after, there is a one time rename of all custom symbol settings files. All existing custom symbol settings files will be renamed to have the prefix "version1952.". If you have a lot of custom changes to Symbol Settings or new symbols you have added, it is necessary to go through those files (example: version1952.CustomSymbolSettings.scdataallservices.xml) in the SymbolSettings subfolder and extract the settings that you need and put them in a new file named CustomSymbolSettings.[service code].xml where service code is the actual service code in the renamed file name. This must be done while Sierra Chart is not running.
You will also need to make sure that Global Settings >> Symbol Settings >> Use Custom Symbol Settings Values is enabled.
1949 Release Date: 2019-07-14
- Keyboard shortcuts are now fully implemented within Sierra Chart rather than relying upon operating system functionality. This should eliminate problems related to keyboard shortcuts that some users have occasionally where they are not functioning.
- Added support for OpenGL for improved graphics performance. This is still a beta and can cause stability problems and not all graphics output will be rendered correctly. This is still a work in progress.
- Added support for millisecond time stamping for market depth data. This ensures accurate matching of market depth data to chart bars of a short duration and around the edge times of chart bars when using the Market Depth Historical Graph study.
This also ensures precise and fluid replay of market depth data. Millisecond support is only supported on some Sierra Chart servers at this time. All servers will be updated by July 21 assuming no technical issues. Additionally millisecond support for market depth data is only supported and is only assured to be accurate when using Sierra Chart provided data feeds. This includes the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed, Denali Exchange Data Feed, the Sierra Chart Forex/CFD data feed, and crypto currency data feeds. No other data feeds are supported for this functionality.
- The calculations necessary for the Bid and Ask Depth Bars study is now done at a low level. Time and Sales data is no longer used. There are now 100% accurate generated Open, High, Low, Close bars for this study. And all of the recorded market depth data is now persistent when Sierra Chart is restarted and when a chart is reloaded. However the greatest accuracy will only be provided when using the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed or the Denali Exchange Data Feed.
- In the case of the DTC server in Sierra Chart, to take advantage of the millisecond market depth time stamping, it is necessary to set LogonRequest.Integer_1 to 0x80 when logging into the DTC Server. This should be combined with a bitwise or operator with any other flags set into Integer_1. The new message structure is s_MarketDepthUpdateLevelFloatWithMilliseconds.
1941 Release Date: 2019-06-26
- Significant performance improvements with Symbol Alert evaluation especially when the Number of stored Time and Sales records is high.
- Additional development related to the Transact websocket API interface. We expect to complete testing this week and release trading support.
- Corrected a problem during a chart replay when using the Combine Trades into Original Summary Trade option in the Chart Settings where some trades would not be included in the chart during a replay. This can be observed because the volume is a little less per bar. This is now resolved.
1938 Release Date: 2019-06-20
- Added the ability to highlight the Best Bid and Best Ask within the Recent Bid and Recent Ask columns. The settings for these are under Global Settings >> Graphics Settings - Global (or Chart >> Graphics Settings) as the following:
- Chart DOM Recent Bid Best Bid Background
- Chart DOM Recent Ask Best Ask Background
- Trade DOM Recent Bid Best Bid Background
- Trade DOM Recent Ask Best Ask Background
To display these backgrounds on the Chart DOM or Trade DOM, select the Enable option for the backgrounds.
- New options within the Market Depth Historical Graph to define the Range Coloring based on Actual Values rather than percentages.
- Effective with version 1934, support for direct use of the old Barchart Data Service has been removed. The protocol for that service is very old and inefficient. Historical data delivery is slow and interrupts the main thread. If you are using that service, you need to change to the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed instead or stay on an older version indefinitely.
- Resolved a problem with the profit trailing functionality for the Global Profit Management feature where the trailing would not take place if the increase in the daily net profit at once was in a smaller increment than the amount After Trigger When Daily Net Profit Increases By setting.
- Resolved an issue with both the Interactive Brokers and CQG trading services where when all of the Trade Accounts associated with the connection to the Trading service have no Trade Positions and there were prior Positions in Sierra Chart which later were closed out when Sierra Chart was not running, they would continue to be displayed. This is resolved. If you are using either of these Trading services you need to update to this version or later.
- Made the Alert Manager window more compact and the different tabs can be selected through menu commands now which also have associated keyboard shortcuts. Added a new option to Global Settings >> General Settings >> Alerts to cause an alert message to also be added to the compact pop-up alert window.
- Added new ACSIL functions: sc.GetStudySubgraphDrawStyle, sc.SetTradeWindowTextTag, sc.GetStudyLineUntilFutureIntersectionByIndex, sc.GetTradingKeyboardShortcutsEnableState, sc.SetTradingKeyboardShortcutsEnableState, sc.GetFlatToFlatTradeListSize, sc.GetFlatToFlatTradeListEntry
- Added support for the new Transact trading service websocket connection. Currently only market data support can be used. Trading support is not yet complete and order entry will be blocked. This new service can be selected through Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings >> Service. The name is Transact Trading WS. Once trading support is complete, this will become the default service for Transact users. Currently the service cannot be used by users who have Sierra Chart accounts provided through Transact because the service cannot be changed in that case.
- Added the ability to highlight the Best Bid and Best Ask within the Recent Bid and Recent Ask columns. The settings for these are under Global Settings >> Graphics Settings - Global (or Chart >> Graphics Settings) as the following:
1926 Release Date: 2019-05-28
- Added support for Last In First Out order fill matching. When using this matching method, this is less efficient than first in first out.
- The icons for tool related Control Bar buttons have been replaced with text due to the fact that these graphics look too small on high resolution monitors like 4K monitors. The icon bitmap files are still provided with Sierra Chart and can be selected for those buttons by changing the image in the Control Bar Button Properties. These image files have the naming format Button_#. You can view what the actual content of the image file is through the Windows Explorer. They are in the subfolder \Graphics\Buttons in the Sierra Chart installation folder.
- Corrected a problem from a recent release where the response for order cancellations when using the Transact trading service were not mapping to the corresponding active working order within Sierra Chart. Additionally, new order acknowledgments for orders entered within Sierra Chart also were not mapping to the corresponding working order within Sierra Chart when using the Transact Trading service. This is resolved.
1920 Release Date: 2019-05-21
- Updated the Market Depth Historical Graph Study to have the option of using Minimum Range Color values that will interpolate the particular color to use for a depth value between the Maximum and the Minimum Range Color settings.
- In the case of when using the Sierra Chart Order Routing Service, if there is any rejection of an order modification or cancellation due to the trading server not having a connection to the TT server, there is an automatic reconnection to the next available server.
- In the case of when using the Sierra Chart Order Routing Service, if there is any reconnection to the trading server for any reason, the market data feed will continue to provide market data even when there is a connection to the next available server. So the market data feed, will remain constant and not be interrupted. This is a feature that is not available with any other service other than LMAX.
- Completed implementation of new Symbol Settings changes. For complete details, refer to this posting. Users set changes to the default Symbol Settings are preserved upon updating although the posting says this is not the case, but this will be the case.
- Efficiency improvements with the recording of market depth data and relaying it to sub instances. All of this happens on a background thread when using the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed and other Sierra Chart market data services.
- Improved drawing tool performance.
1918 Release Date: 2019-05-12
- New ACSIL functions added: sc.GetBidMarketDepthNumberOfLevelsForSymbol, sc.GetAskMarketDepthNumberOfLevelsForSymbol, sc.GetBidMarketDepthEntryAtLevelForSymbol, sc.GetAskMarketDepthEntryAtLevelForSymbol, sc.GetChartStudyInputString, sc.SetChartStudyInputString.
- New Symbol Settings dialog. This is to support the new enhanced Symbol Settings functionality being worked on currently. Part of this functionality is to separate user modifications of symbol settings from the symbol settings from the server so the user settings never get overwritten. This development is still in progress.
1917 Release Date: 2019-05-09
- Removed support for Advanced Custom Studies compiled for version 1224 and earlier. These will need to be recompiled on this version or higher to use this version or higher.
- Can use absolute price values for the first offset for Attached Orders, rather than just an offset value. This is supported through the Offset Type setting on the Targets tab of the Trade Window.
- New Global Symbol Setting to specify dates to exclude from chart.
- New scroll wheel options have been added to General Settings supporting scrolling of the vertical price scale in a chart by your computers scroll wheel.
- Added triple redundancy for server connections for the SC Order routing service. This means there are now a total of three servers that can be accessed in case one is unavailable. Additionally, if an order is rejected because an order routing server does not have a connection to the TT FIX server, which is very unlikely, Sierra Chart will now automatically reconnect to the next available server. This ensures maximum reliability. However, in this last case, you will have to resubmit the order. Additionally, the TT FIX servers that Sierra Chart order routing servers connect to, also have full redundancy with a backup server that is automatically accessed in case the primary is unavailable.
1915 Release Date: 2019-05-01
- Continued small fixes and improvements with the new tab controls for main window Child windows and Chartbooks.
- Added Gann HiLo Activator study.
- Added support for all data/trade services for the Edit >> Translate Symbols to Current Service command. This will automatically translate the symbols in the open Charts and Quote Boards which are formatted for a different data/trading service to the format required for the data/trading service Sierra Chart is set to currently.
- Updated the Trading: Spread Order Entry study to be able to support working with market data that requires a price multiplier. One of these cases would be the Sierra Chart order routing service that uses TT for order routing. Previous to this version this trading study is not going to do the spread calculations properly in this case. This is now resolved as of this version.
1912 Release Date: 2019-04-26
- Bid size and ask size volume bar sizes for the market data columns on a Chart/Trade DOM are relative to both the bid and ask size columns together. The same now also applies to the market depth pulling and stacking columns.
- In Graphics Settings there is now the ability to enable and disable the Last Trade Price Box.
- Additional improvements to the new child window and Chartbook tab controls. The color settings now are supported. Double-click on a tab is supported to maximize a window. And there are now arrow buttons to move the tabs left and right.
- Implemented support for Interactive Scaling on left side chart scale. This still needs more work for support with the main price graph.
- Resolved issues with the reset of the Recent Bid Volume and Ask Volume market data columns when using a timeout setting.
- Changes to initial fill filtering for a trade list (used for trade statistics and trades list) for simulated trading and Sierra Chart order routing services to allow the first fill to be a reversal fill that initiates a new position.
1906 Release Date: 2019-04-18
- Corrected a scenario where there could be an unexpected reset of the Recent Bid Volume and Ask Volume for a price level. An explanation of the basic scenario is where when the market has traded on the bid side at a particular price and stays there without any further trading for an extended time like 30 seconds, then the market trades at the next higher price and then back to the prior price within a single second, when it trades back to the prior price on the bid side, the Recent Bid Volume would have been reset because there was no trading therefore 31 seconds. This is resolved in version 1906.
- Corrected a problem where when historical market depth data files are loaded in a chart like when using the Market Depth Historical Graph study, there can be a scenario where there is a continuous reading of the most recent data in the latest file loaded causing an endless loop. This is not a common scenario but sometimes it has been reported to occur around the market opening. This is now resolved.
- Continued improvements with New Chartbook and main window child tabs.
1903 Release Date: 2019-04-17
- A future intersection line can now always be set to extend to the end of the chart and can also be a transparent drawn range rather than just a single line. This is supported by the Volume at Price Threshold Alert V2 study and by the ACSIL function: sc.AddLineUntilFutureIntersectionEx(const n_ACSIL::s_LineUntilFutureIntersection& LineUntilFutureIntersection).
- New Chartbook and main window child tabs. There are still some outstanding issues with this new feature that will be resolved in the next release.
- Corrected a problem from version 1898 with the Trade Activity Log where when a chart initiates a trade activity clear operation for the Symbol and Trade Account of the chart, the chart will get notified. This should not happen. This should not cause a problem but should not occur either.
1898 Release Date: 2019-04-10
- Corrected an issue with the new Trade Activity Log where the trade activity will log itself would not update after a clear operation initiated from a chart.
- Implemented resolution to a scenario where a delayed order modification quantity was not being used by a trail order modification which could result in an Attached Order not being increased from multiple parent fills to the full parent order quantity.
- Delayed order modifications are now immediately performed as soon as the prior pending operation on the order has completed.
- Corrected an issue from a recent release where the Position Average Price incrementally calculated from external service order fills, was not accurate upon a reconnection to the data feed. This affected the CQG trading service.
- Implemented support for a backup server in the Service Settings for the Sierra Chart Order Routing Service. If you are using this service, set Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings >> Service Setting >> Backup Server to Server 4.
1892 Release Date: 2019-03-29
- Updated Volume by Price study to allow the adjustment of the Width values for the outlines. This affects all Drawing Methods and is controlled separately for Primary and Evening sessions.
- Added HL Volatility study.
- Added option for how to display Percentages (as 2 decimal places with percent sign, or using Value Format setting) in the Numbers Bars Calculated Values studies.
- Added support for using additional order types from ACSIL including using them as Attached Orders.
- New TPO Profile Chart calculations displayed in the Chart Values Windows.
- Trade Activity Log performance improvements. Refer to this support board thread for further details. To view data on the Statistics, Trades, Period Stats tabs, it is necessary to first select the Trade Activity tab from the menu at the top. In the list box at the top left, select either Fills or All Activity to display the fills on the Trade Activity tab and then press the Apply button. If there are no fills displayed on the Trade Activity tabs, then the Statistics, Trades, Period Stats tabs will display zeros or be blank.
- Keyboard shortcut and control bar button support for Flatten Only and Send Attached Orders by Position.
- Support for the new Sierra Chart Order Routing Service.
- Various other lower level development.
1881 Release Date: 2019-03-04
- Implemented order fill filtering for the Trades list used by the Trade Statistics, Trades and Period Stats tabs of the Trade Activity Log, so the first fill loaded is aligned to the beginning of a new position to generate consistently accurate trading statistics. This only applies to simulated trading, the Sierra Chart futures order routing service, and the Sierra Chart simulated futures trading service.
- Updated Percent Change Since Open study to set the default of the Multiplier input to 100. When this value is set to 100, the display of the data is in proper percentage difference format.
- Updated Percent Change Since Previous Close study to multiply the data by 100. This allows the display of the data to be in proper percentage difference format.
- Improvements related to filling orders from estimated position in queue to ensure there are no unexpected conditions for filling an order and to ensure there is no negative queue position.
1880 Release Date: 2019-02-26
- Updated the coloring methodology for the Market Depth Historical Graph so the full range of each color will be used and each color will use the Minimum Volume Intensity Percent within its own range.
- Corrected an issue from a recent prerelease with the main instance of Sierra Chart freezing under certain conditions when running a sub instance related to the sending of trade orders to the sub instance.
- Added new display options for Trading: Profit/Loss Text study.
- New ACSIL function sc.EvaluateGivenAlertConditionFormulaAsDouble to evaluate a given alert formula and return the actual resulting value.
*Last modified Wednesday, 19th December, 2018.