What Is New
Log of Changes and Improvements to Sierra Chart
This list contains major items of development, items which are notable, and changes and additions which users need to be informed about.
This is not a comprehensive changes and additions log. It only represents less than 25% of the actual development performed every day. There are not version notes for each version. The main Sierra-Chart documentation is updated as needed relating to the changes and additions.
In addition to the below listed items for each version, there are also various low-level improvements, issues resolved, and small additions that a release has which are not listed.
1847 Release Date: 2018-11-25
- Added new UDP server commands to release and load custom DLL files.
- Added alternative replacement for remote chart data files. Documentation will be added shortly.
- Continued improvements with the Trades list and Trades Statistics in the Trade Activity Log.
- Corrected a problem with copying of selected lines on the Trades tab of the Trade Activity Log.
- Updated Rithmic bridge program to use new connect point for the market data server.
- Changed the ACSIL function sc.GetSpreadsheetSheetHandleByName to include the new parameter: CreateSheetIfNotExist. If you are using this function in an ACSIL study, it is mandatory that you rebuild the custom study when using this version or higher, otherwise there will be unstable behavior.
- Low-level improvements with the network socket core.
- New order types added: Triggered Stop, Stop-Limit Client-side managed.
- Interactive Brokers options chains support through the File >> Find Symbol window. This is still in development and only works with some symbols at this time.
- Added new Sheet cells when using the Spreadsheet System for Trading study: All Symbols Daily Net Profit/Loss, All Symbols Cumulative Net Profit/Loss.
1837 Release Date: 2018-11-08
- Fixed issue with trade orders list when sorting by symbol that could lead to a potential exception and also corrected an efficiency issue related to symbol settings which could slow the display of data on the Trade Orders window and Trade Activity logs.
- Greatly improved Custom study DLL management. There will no longer be permission denied errors when using external build tools. There is no longer a need to use: sc.FreeDLL. There are new commands on Analysis >> Build Custom Studies DLL >> Build to release all DLLs and to allow the loading again to support using external custom study build tools.
- Improvements to Trades list tab in the Trade Activity Log. A Flat to Flat display is now supported which can be enabled through the Edit menu on the Trade Activity Log.
- Volume Profile and TPO profile performance improvements. This is most significant when there are a large number of profiles on the chart.
- Corrected an issue in 1836 where Volume Profiles are TPO profiles may disappear from the chart when opening the Chart Studies window or the Study Settings window.
- Corrected an issue that arose in the last couple of months, where after modifying a drawn Volume Profile directly on the chart, it may not have been possible to click on the drawing again until the chart was redrawn.
1833 Release Date: 2018-10-30
- Removed the FXCM FIX Trading service from being used by end users. This is not meant for end-user use any longer. If you require this connection, you need to continue to use an older version and we strongly recommend that you use the new connection method explained on the FXCM Trading page.
- Added the ability on the Trade Activity Log to combine individual trades into a single summary Flat to Flat trade. The command for this is on the Edit menu of the Trade Activity Log.
- Other Trades List and Trade Statistics improvements including adding new Flat to Flat data fields.
- Corrected a move stop to breakeven issue where when using the option to trigger based on an OCO group, this could lead to an abnormal shutdown of Sierra Chart due to a null pointer exception.
- Corrected a problem with the move stop to breakeven reference price when using a single stop order and scaling in, where the reference price would not change significantly from the original parent order price. This issue arose after correcting an issue with the move to breakeven reference price calculation when there are multiple linked stop orders.
- Support for remote chart data files has been removed in this version and some recent versions. For further information, refer to this support board thread. An alternative superior solution is in development and should be out no later than the middle of November 2018. If you use remote chart data files, you should not update to the newer versions of Sierra Chart until this alternative functionality is out. If you do, the remote chart data file functionality will not work and the chart data file will instead be referenced from the Data folder of the instance the chart is in.
1828 Release Date: 2018-10-24
- Added commands to clear Total Traded Volume above or below price on the Chart/Trade DOM.
- Corrected a problem where the filled orders displayed on the chart would show the profit/loss for entry fills but not exit fills.
- Implemented several reliable Open Position Average Calculation methods. These can be set through Chart >> Chart Settings >> Advanced Settings 3. The option for using Flat to Flat for the Trade Position line has now been removed from Chart Trade Settings. The new method for determining the Position Average price is very reliable and works under more conditions.
- Corrected a recent issue where sometimes when left clicking or right clicking on a Chart Drawing, a selection would not occur. Therefore, the Chart Drawing would either not get selected or the right-click menu would not display the Chart Drawing related commands.
- Removed support for the Adjust Secondary option for Pitchfork drawings.
- Updated the Gain Capital service to use two digit years in the symbols. This process is fully automatic when updating to 1827 and higher. Nothing special needs to be done other than updating the Symbol Settings in case that does not happen automatically.
- New spreadsheet Functions added to ACSIL for getting and setting text strings and numbers when interacting with Spreadsheets.
- With the BitMex trading service, market orders which are closing a Position have a Close instruction set with them so they cannot open a new Position.
- Continued development related to the Trades list and Trade Statistics.
1821 Release Date: 2018-10-12
- Corrected issue with Total Filled Quantity in the Trade Statistics. This was not calculated properly because it was being decremented in the case of sell fills and that should not have been the case.
- Continued improvements, and correcting of issues related to the Trades list and Trade Statistics development. Additionally new Flat to Flat fields will be added to the Trade Statistics.
- New ACSIL functions and variables including the following:
- bool sc.OpenFile(const SCString& PathAndFileName, const int Mode, int& FileHandle);
- bool sc.ReadFile(const int FileHandle, char* Buffer, const int BytesToRead, unsigned int* p_BytesRead);
- bool sc.WriteFile(const int FileHandle, const char* Buffer, const int BytesToWrite, unsigned int* p_BytesWritten);
- bool sc.CloseFile(const int FileHandle);
- int sc.GetLastFileErrorCode(const int FileHandle);
- SCString GetLastFileErrorMessage(const int FileHandle);
- int AlertConditionEnabled
- int GetSessionTimesFromChart(const int ChartNumber, n_ACSIL::s_ChartSessionTimes& r_ChartSessionTimes);
1815 Release Date: 2018-10-03
- Extensive reimplementation of Trade list and Trade Statistics component. For complete details, refer to this Support Board posting.
- Two new options for TPO Profile Charts for Highlight Close in Profile and Highlight Close of Each New Sub Period within TPO Profile.
- New study - Price Momentum Oscillator.
- Fixed issue with held orders when using Send Attached Orders by Position or Price. These orders were not actually being held and therefore they were not functioning as intended.
- Corrected issue from recent release where depending upon where you left or right click on a Chart Drawing a selection may not have occurred. This is resolved.
- Implemented support for selecting vertical Chart Drawing lines related to the recent Chart Drawing improvements.
- Corrected potential deadlock issue with DTC server when receiving an order cancel/replace message.
- Corrected issue with control bar button state coloring when it is pushed in and has an image on it.
- In the ACSIL s_ACSTrade data structure the following members have been renamed: MaximumRunup >> OverallMaximumOpenPositionProfit, MaximumDrawdown >> OverallMaximumOpenPositionLoss. In the s_SCOrderFillData data structure the following member has been renamed: AverageFillPrice >> FillPrice.
- Various other lower level development.
1808 Release Date: 2018-09-19
- New Input for Numbers Bars called Spacing Adjustment Value. This sets the amount of space between the Numbers Bars columns. By default it is set to the smallest setting (a value of 3).
- Proper implementation of chart drawings on a logarithmic scale. This includes Line, Ray, Extending Line, Arrow, Pitchfork drawings. Other drawing tools will be supported over time. It is possible to right-click on these drawings at any point to access the menu for them. It is also support the left click at any point along these drawings to select the drawing on a logarithmic scale.
- New Spreadsheet System for Trading Values now outputted to the associated Sheet. These include the most recent order entry and exit price and date-time.
- Corrected a problem related to the accumulation of floating-point error with Point and Figure chart bars, which would result in a extra box not appearing in some cases for some chart bars. This was not a common issue and would only occur rarely.
- Corrected a recent issue related to the Dot line style where the appearance was not as expected. In reality though the particular actual styling which was wanted and which was previously used is called Alternate by the Windows operating system. What was happening is that the actual true Dot style was being used but that was not the desired appearance.
1803 Release Date: 2018-09-10
- Added new study - Polarized Fractal Efficiency.
- Corrected a GDI object leak problem from recent version which over time would cause Sierra Chart to run more slowly and eventually could potentially cause display issues.
- Reorganized the internal handling of font sizes.
- Corrected an issue where when right clicking on an extending line drawing on a logarithmic scale chart, the line may not have been selected and the associated commands for it would not be listed on the menu.
- Began implementation of proper fitting drawing tool lines on a logarithmic scale chart. Additional work needs to be done to support extending lines and right clicking on these lines to access various drawing tool related commands.
1798 Release Date: 2018-09-06
- New Numbers Bars Calculated Values 2 study. This is an additional study to the Numbers Bars Calculated Values to allow for additional items to be displayed.
- Changed name of Forecast Oscillator to Chande Forecast Oscillator.
- Added options to Momentum study to allow for Difference or Quotient calculations. This sets the centerline to either 0 or 100.
- Added new study - Connie Brown's Composite Index.
- Added new study - Moving Average - Block.
- Corrected a problem where when a Realtime Price Multiplier is required for the symbol, for example in the case of CTS, and there is more than one OCO group used with Attached Orders, the price calculation for Attached Orders for OCO Groups after 1 was based on an incorrect price adjustment. This arose in a recent release related to the recent trading optimizations being done.
- Corrected various small graphics related issues related to the recent graphics development.
1795 Release Date: 2018-09-01
- Definitively resolved the exception problem encountered in some cases when using the Spreadsheet study in recent versions. The problem was due to some small references being made to an object that was believed to be in a fixed location in memory, but that was not the case.
- Changes to Drawing Tool Configuration/Properties dialogs to improve interface. Changes are ongoing and not yet finalized.
1794 Release Date: 2018-08-31
- Corrected a problem from the recent trading development, where when using an OCO order type where each order in the OCO group, has its own Attached Orders, when one side of the OCO order filled or was canceled, the other side was not getting canceled. This is now resolved.
- Reverted recent Spreadsheet development improvements due to an exception problem experienced by some users and would apparently also lead to Spreadsheet formula cells clearing unexpectedly. 100% stability and perfection in Sierra Chart is critical to us, and this kind of problem is not acceptable and we do apologize for the issue and we are working hard on determining what the underlying cause is. If there are any further issues, do let us know so we can be aware of them and resolve them. Unfortunately none of these issues have shown up in any testing before the release and subsequent to that. Based on reports from users, version 1781 does not have these described issues.
- Various other lower level development and improvements.
1793 Release Date: 2018-08-24
- Continued trading related performance improvements. These performance improvements are a major step forward for Sierra Chart to support high-performance trading for both small and large scale trading (thousands of orders a second). Initial testing shows that order submission from the chart out to the network takes less than 20 microseconds.
- When there are multiple target orders and multiple linked stops at the same price, the move to breakeven calculation during a Scale In operation previously was only considering the quantity of the stop order which had its order quantity increased. Now it considers the order quantity of all of the linked stop orders, for a more precise move to breakeven calculation.
- Added new setting to Global Settings >> Symbol Settings to specify the global Trade Position Quantity Limit.
- Lower-level graphics improvements and issues resolved related to recent graphics development.
- Added new Trading: Position Average Price study.
- Corrected some minor issues with the Add Additional Symbol study.
- General performance improvements.
- A significant amount of trading related development has been done on this version and some testing has been completed and has all passed but more testing will be done. While we do not expect any issues, it is recommended to perform live trading only on the current release and not this particular prerelease, at this time.
1789 Release Date: 2018-08-17
- New Text Color input for Large Volume Trade Indicator study to control the color of the text that is drawn with the study.
- New Subgraph called Sum of Alerts within the Color Bar Based on Alert Condition study that sums up the number of true alerts.
- The entire trading order storage and order look up functionality has been greatly improved performance wise and offers drastically improved performance for large order sets (>=1000). The performance benefits increase with the larger the number of orders Sierra Chart is tracking. So if it is tracking thousands or hundreds of thousands of orders, the performance improvement will be significant to major. For less than 100, the performance improvement is negligible. Additional improvements will be made in the coming weeks.
- Added support for BitMex server-side OCO and Bracket orders.
- Resolved small graphics issues arising in prior release.
1787 Release Date: 2018-08-09
- Updated Renko Bar Predictor study to work properly when being used with Inverse Renko bars.
- Added support for downloading of historical orders fills from the BitMex crypto currency exchange.
- If the symbol settings for a symbol were not available when a chart is opened, when that chart is reloaded they will be reset to the symbol settings available, to ensure they are correct.
- General low-level trading improvements to support the futures trading evaluator, and general exchange functionality. There are numerous enhancements currently being worked on which will further reduce latency with order routing. It is already very fast for small sets of orders but for large-scale processing, in the thousands of orders, the development we are doing will reduce latency. This development is also used for applications where Sierra Chart is used for common order routing with omnibus accounts to handle multiple users.
- Updated Numbers Bars and Color Bar Based on Alert Condition studies to allow control for extension lines Label and Value from the subgraph page.
- Numbers Bars Calculated Values table lines now have the proper formatting in the Chart Values window.
- Graphics code reorganization into a common component to allow porting to other operating systems more easily. And performance improvements related to this. But the performance benefits at this point are going to be minimal if at all.
- Added new execution instruction options for the BitMex trading service.
- Added new Trading Status field for the Quote Board. This is set when using the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed and indicates whether the market is open or closed or is in a pre-open status.
1784 Release Date: 2018-07-24
- Restored CQG server-side bracket order support. We made a change with one setting related to proportional triggering which may resolve an issue where previously there were multiple order sets being generated on the CQG side when the parent order fills in multiple lots.
- Corrected a problem with the Send Order at Time Time in Force when used with the Trading DOM where the order was not being sent from the Held state when that time was encountered.
- Various other development.
1783 Release Date: 2018-07-18
- Added new option in Chart DOM Settings: Recent/Current Volume Bars Length Relative to Bid and Ask. When this option is enabled, the length of the Volume bars in the Recent Bid and Recent Ask DOM Columns is based on the maximum value in either the Recent Bid or Recent Ask columns. The Current Traded Bid Volume and Current Traded Ask Volume work the same way.
- Rearranged the Chart DOM Settings window due to the number of items available on the window.
- As of this version, with ACSIL it is no longer possible to change the chart bar period using the individual ACSIL members like sc.VolumePerBar. It is now required to use the sc.SetBarPeriodParameters function. This change is necessary to properly support sc.SetBarPeriodParameters.
- Corrected a problem when editing a Trade Activity Log entry where the Symbol was not being set correctly in the case of a simulated entry and would cause a simulated order fill entry to no longer be displayed on a chart and also the Value Format would be incorrect.
- Finalized the development of the Spread Order Entry study. This can be accessed through the A tab of the Trade Window for the chart. It is recommended that this feature only be used in Trade Simulation Mode until you are certain it works properly for you.
- Memory allocation error handling has been added for the Market Depth Historical Graph feature. Previously an out of memory condition would lead to an exception being reported in the Message Log and this could lead to unpredictable behavior, at the very least with the Market Depth Historical Graph study.
- Spreadsheet performance improvements.
1781 Release Date: 2018-07-11
- Resolved a problem from a recent release when there are non-simulated Trade Positions for more than one Trade Account at the same time for the same symbol, these Positions were being reported under one account and not separately. It is essential to update to this version or higher if you are actively using more than one non-simulated trading account at the same time. This issue arose with lower level development with the tracking of Positions.
1778 Release Date: 2018-07-05
- Support for the old Renko chart studies has been permanently discontinued. At this point we are declining all further support for them. You should use the Bar Period Type >> Renko Bar setting in Chart >> Chart Settings instead. If you want to use the older Renko studies you can but existing instances will no longer appear on the chart but they can be manually added through Analysis >> Add Custom Study >> Sierra Chart Custom Studies and Examples. They are listed as Renko Chart and Renko Chart Enhanced. If you have any difficulties, you can provide your Chartbook through the Support Board and we will make the necessary change to make these studies visible in your Chartbook again.
- Support has been removed for CQG server-side bracket orders. Server-side OCO orders are still supported with CQG. There have been too many associated issues with CQG server-side bracket orders and we are no longer willing to support them as they cause problems for users and create a poor impression of Sierra Chart when the issue is not even on our side to begin with.
- Corrected a problem where under a certain set of conditions the title bar of chart windows was not being set with the descriptive text. This can also be resolved by unchecking Global Settings >> General Settings >> General 4 >> Destroy Chart Windows when Hidden.
- Fixed a problem with Numbers Bars Calculated Values Gridlines not displaying by default on an existing study after an update to the latest version. This will not fix the problem for anyone that has already upgraded, in this case, you just have to manually set the Subgraphs you do not want to Ignore, and then turn the Gridlines Subgraph to Visible.
- Completed development of the futures Trading evaluator service. At this time this will only be tested by some selected trading evaluators. It is not available at this time for general use until we have approval from the CME for the lower-priced exchange fees for it. There is no guarantee this will happen though. We do look forward to being able to offer the service because it will remove the need for CTS or Rithmic for futures trading evaluation. We now have our own fully integrated and standalone solution. This greatly simplifies the service for evaluating futures trading performance and provides a totally reliable and consistent solution. The concept of connection problems and trading issues, are completely eliminated.
1776 Release Date: 2018-07-02
- Added 4 new subgraphs to the Numbers Bars Calculated Values study - Average Bid Volume Per Trade; Average Ask Volume per Trade; Bid Volume per Second; and Ask Volume per Second.
- Corrected a problem from a recent release where the High/Low/Last During Position fields were not being set for non-simulated positions. This would affect the maximum open position profit and loss calculations in the Trade Activity Log.
- Added new ACSIL functions to get and set study Inputs in any chart including the chart the calling study is located on.
- Added several new options to the DTC Service Client to skip the use of the logon message, skip the encoding request, enable relay server mode and enable JSON message logging.
- Resolved some issues with Bid & Ask Depth Bars study related to Bid and Ask prices. Bid and Ask prices are now obtained from each chart bar.
- Solved an issue with new line characters not being added to the saved message log, which arose in a recent release.
- When using the Add Additional Symbol study with Intraday charts, a deadlock condition can occur where Sierra Chart completely freezes. This issue is now resolved. This was caused by critical sections by different threads being entered in an inconsistent order.
1771 Release Date: 2018-06-27
- Separated TPO Profile Input for Highlight TPO Value Area and POC into two Inputs: Highlight TPO Value Area and Highlight TPO POC.
- Added new Input option for Numbers Bars - Ignore 0 Values for Minimum Highlight that will display highlights of the Minimum value that is not 0.
- Numbers Bars performance improvements.
- When using Split profiles with Numbers Bars, Ask or Bid Volumes of 0 will not display a volume bar.
- Added option for whether to draw text at the beginning or end of the following drawing types: Line, Arrow, Calculator, Zig Zag.
- For TPO profiles, when these letters/blocks are set to be displayed in individual columns, then when using the Chart Values tool the actual Date-Time of each of those columns will be displayed in the Chart Values windows and on the time scale.
- Numbers Bars performance improvements.
1765 Release Date: 2018-06-15
- Corrected the issue from the prior release where there was a detrimental performance impact for ACSIL studies using Volume at Price data. There is now no longer any detrimental performance impact.
1764 Release Date: 2018-06-11
- Forward Curve study added. This allows for up to 5 dates to be specified as days back from today, and the curves are drawn for a specified period of months in the future from those dates.
- Added new option to the TPO Letter/Block Colors Input with the TPO Profile Chart study to support coloring the day and evening session letters or blocks separately in TPO profiles.
- Additional performance improvements with Volume Profiles and TPO Profiles. The previous performance improvements in some cases made performance worse under certain cases. All of these cases have now been optimized and overall there is much higher performance now. Performance with chart data loading should also be improved when using studies which require volume at price data.
As a result of these performance improvements, any ASCIL custom study which uses sc.VolumeAtPriceForBars must be recompiled for this version or higher because otherwise, they may perform poorly or less optimally due to the changes. So recompiling is important to do for those custom studies on this version or higher. Note: We have determined a solution to this problem and it will be implemented in version 1765 which will be out before 2018-06-16. Therefore, recompiling will no longer be necessary.
1761 Release Date: 2018-06-09
- Resolved a problem with the display of Spreadsheets which arose in a recent version which occurred under certain conditions.
- Resolved an issue from a recent release with displaying TPO profiles in their own column which would cause an exception. Also other TPO profile related issues from the recent pre-releases, after the performance improvements, have been resolved.
- Some users have experienced an issue where there are unusual window display problems within the program, when using the new Control Bar. We are aware of this. We are only aware of two cases of this and this will be resolved.
1757 Release Date: 2018-06-04
- TPO and Volume Profile performance improvements.
- Added new ACSIL functions for accessing volume at price data from TPO and Volume Profiles in the chart from other studies.
- Improved the Trade Statistics for Charts tab on the Trade Activity Log. All charts that are maintaining a Trade list are now listed.
1754 Release Date: 2018-05-31
- Added new Time in Force setting to submit order at a set time.
- Added a new Input to the Volume at Price Threshold Alert Study V2 that will highlight any group of adjacent alerts that is the same size or larger than the setting.
- Numbers Bars study new Font Size input and new minimum and maximum font size Inputs. These inputs need to be checked to make sure they are set as you require.
- When using scaling in, and the order which has been determined to be the order to have its quantity increased when the scaling in order fills, is no longer working, it will be reactivated.
- Corrected a problem where in some cases changing the Tick Size through Chart Settings would not have gone into effect.
1749 Release Date: 2018-05-22
- Implemented new Control Bar which does not use operating system buttons but instead efficiently drawn buttons which reduce system resources.
- Added new study Average True Range - Normalized.
1748 Release Date: 2018-05-12
- Up to 20 Graphics Settings configurations can be saved and loaded to allow changing between color schemes very quickly.
- Corrected a problem from a recent release where when duplicating a chart which uses its own individual Graphics Settings, the settings were not copied to the new chart.
- The General Trade Settings option HoldLimitAttachedOrdersOnClientSideUntilTouched has been removed as it is no longer necessary now that there is the Limit if Touched - Client order which effectively does the same thing. This is what is recommended to be used as the alternative. If there is any functionality which you cannot accomplish now that this option has been removed, let us know and we will see how best to implement this.
- Corrected a problem with chart replay when jumping forward By Number of Trades or To Next Bar, where the replay would continue until the end immediately. This is resolved.
- Added Subgraph for Count of Alerts to the Volume at Price Threshold Alert v2 study that contains the count of the alerts per bar.
- Basic support for Cycle Chart Drawing tool from ACSIL.
- Added new option to Chart >> Chart Settings: Do Not Change Symbol Settings for Chart on Symbol Change.
- Working on implementation of Forward Curve study (not yet completed).
- Corrected an issue from a recent release where when Historical Daily data needs to be downloaded from a source other than the Sierra Chart Historical Data Service, that was not happening and instead the data was being downloaded from the Sierra Chart Historical Data service. For example, this would be a problem with Interactive Brokers and IQ Feed.
- Added Cumulative Delta Up/Down Tick Volume Subgraph to Numbers Bars Calculated Values.
- Added new Time in Force setting for trading to send an order at a specified time. This is on the Trade Window and is named Send Order at Time.
- Solved an issue with Trade >> AutoTrade System Bar Based Back Test with Scan where the very first symbol being scanned, would have the back test run for a second time when returning back to that symbol after the scan is completed. Also when the back test completes within a single chart update cycle for a symbol, the back testing for additional symbols would not continue. This problem is resolved.
1742 Release Date: 2018-05-08
- Corrected an issue relating to price multipliers with the DTC server which arose recently. This was causing a problem when using services like CTS for trading from a sub instance of Sierra Chart. The order prices were being multiplied to higher values. This is now solved.
- When combining records on the Time and Sales window, an alert will only sound the first time it is triggered for a particular record.
- Corrected a problem with Time and Sales alert messages which could cause an exception.
- Corrected an issue where the Always on Top state for a detached chart window would be disabled when using Global Settings >> General Settings >> Bring Detached Windows To Top On Main Window Focus.
- Time in Force for Simulated Orders is now implemented. For example, day orders will cancel at the end of the trading day.
1738 Release Date: 2018-04-28
- Corrected an Attached Order quantity problem when the attached orders cannot have all the same quantities as the parent order quantity. Due to the recent change to support fractional quantities, the attached orders were getting set as fractional when the parent order quantity is changed and they cannot all have the same quantity. This is now corrected.
- Corrected problem with menu translations which arose in the last few versions.
- Corrected some issues and made improvements to the feature to submit spread orders through A tab of the Trade Window.
- Ranges of Base Graph and Subgraph identifiers are now supported in Simple Alert Formulas. For the documentation, refer to Referencing a Range of Data.
1735 Release Date: 2018-04-21
- Feature to submit spread orders independent of exchange traded spreads. This supports up to four different symbols. This feature is accessible through A tab of the Trade Window. Press the Enter Spread Order button to add the Spread Order Entry study and open the Input settings for configuration. Documentation will follow shortly. This only works in Trade Simulation Mode at this time until it is fully tested.
- Symbol Settings to limit the quantity of a Trade Position and maximum Trade Order Quantity. These apply to all orders for the symbol. These settings are in Global Settings >> Symbol Settings >> Additional 2. They are named: Trade Position Limit, Order Quantity Limit. These settings are disabled if they are set to 0. Otherwise, the specified value is the limit.
- Updated Alert formulas and the Spreadsheet Formula Study to allow a range of data values to be entered. For example AVERAGE(ID0.SG1[0:-10]) gives the average of the last 10 bars of the Open of the Main Price Graph.
*Last modified Friday, 02nd March, 2018.