Simulated Futures Trading Service
The Sierra Chart simulated futures trading service, provides a very realistic Server-side simulation environment for trading outright futures contracts and also Forex markets within Sierra Chart.
You will have access to your trading results within Sierra Chart and can share the raw order fill data with other users. A trading evaluator can also have real-time and historical access to your detailed trading results.
The features are as follows:
- Realistic order fills based on estimated position in queue.
- Server-side OCO orders.
- Server-side bracket orders.
- Completely stable.
- 100% availability.
- Very fast.
- Order entry and fills follows market session times.
- Daily Loss Limit risk management. Position and order quantity limits both globally and per symbol.
- Powered by the Sierra Chart/Denali Exchange Data Feed (which is required) which provides 500 levels of market depth for CME symbols.
- Complete, detailed and reliable trade statistics which can also be accessed by a trading evaluator.
- Long-term (At least 3 Years) order fill history maintained.
- Account balance tracking with frequent updating.
- Accurate Trade Position tracking with margin calculations.
- Supports CME/CBOT/NYMEX/COMEX, EUREX, cash Forex, and BitMex tradable products.
- Delayed version which supports delayed data for CME/CBOT/NYMEX/COMEX. Real-Time data for cash Forex and BitMex. EUREX is not supported with delayed service.
- Create your own account for the Trading Evaluator or Trading Evaluator-Delayed service through the Create Server Side Trade Simulation Accounts page.
Trading ICE symbols is not supported.
- Update to version 2036. To make sure you have the latest version, select Help >> Download Prerelease. Refer to the Fast Update instructions.
- If you require real-time futures data, then follow the setup instructions for either Denali Exchange Data Feed or the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed. For additional information, refer to Real-Time Exchange Data Feeds Available from Sierra Chart page. Using one of these data feeds is required for real-time futures market data.
Only those users with funded trading accounts can take advantage of lower-priced CME fees for nonprofessional trading accounts. Otherwise, the higher priced CME fees are required for real-time data. To avoid the higher priced fees if you are a nonprofessional, follow the Easy Solution to CME Funded Trading Account Requirement instructions.
There is a delayed data version of the Sierra Chart simulated futures trading service which does not require any separate data feed or cost. Other than subscribing to the Sierra Chart Advanced Package. So in this case you do not need to use either Denali Exchange Data Feed or the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed. It is best to get started with the Trading Evaluator - Delayed service first.
- Optional: It is recommended you install another copy of Sierra Chart on your system to be used with the Simulated Trading Service so this does not interfere with your other existing installation you may be using for other purposes. For instructions, refer to Step-By-Step Instructions to Install Multiple Copies of Sierra Chart. The reason to install another copy of Sierra Chart is so that you have a separate installation just for simulated trading on this service.
- Select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings.
- Set the Service to Trading Evaluator [trading] or Trading Evaluator - Delayed [trading].
- Press OK.
- Connect to the data feed with File >> Connect to Data Feed. If you have trouble connecting, contact Sierra Chart support.
- Open a Chart or Trading DOM through File >> Find Symbol.
- If you have existing Chartbooks that you have been using with another supported Data or Trading service and you want to use them with the Simulated Trading Service, then when one or more of those Chartbooks are open, select Edit >> Translate Symbols to Current Service.
- Submit, modify and cancel orders as you require. Refer to Overview of Trading.
- You can view your trading results through the Trade Activity Log Trade Statistics and Trades tabs.
The available symbols are listed in File >> Find Symbol. This includes Futures, cash Forex and crypto currency contracts.
When receiving a security definition message through the websocket server in response to a security definition request for a symbol, in the case of a futures option's symbol, if there is no margin requirement values provided, it is because the exchange is not providing the necessary data to do these calculations.
Trading Account Monitoring through Manager Account
A Sierra Chart account can act as a manager account which allows it to monitor in real-time, the trading activity of multiple simulated trading accounts assigned to other Sierra Chart accounts.
This manager account can also trade these other accounts as well if authorized.
If your Sierra Chart account is also a manager account and has access to other trading accounts, then you will want to follow the Setup Instructions on this page as well to access those trading accounts and monitor them. All monitoring is done through Sierra Chart using the standard interfaces and functions.
For example, the Trade >> Trade Orders Window will list the open orders from all of the trading accounts the Sierra Chart manager account has access to. The Trade >> Trade Activity Log will list the trading activity from all of the trading accounts the manager account has access to.
All of the trading functions in Sierra Chart will work identically and can have access to the other trading accounts. All of the historical trading activity can be viewed through the Trade >> Trade Activity Log.
To allow your Sierra Chart account act as a manager account, contact Sierra Chart Support.
Below are links to the various pages that a Sierra Chart account allowed to function as a manager account can use for creating trading accounts which can be assigned to other Sierra Chart users and assigning them to a manager account.
If your Sierra Chart account is not authorized access these pages, then a message will be given indicating that your account is not authorized.
*Last modified Monday, 20th January, 2020.