Simulated Futures Trading Service
The Sierra Chart simulated futures trading service, provides a very realistic Server-side simulation environment for trading outright futures contracts within Sierra Chart.
You will have access to your trading results within Sierra Chart and can share the raw order fill data with other users. a trading evaluator can also have real-time and historical access to your detailed trading results.
The features are as follows:
- Realistic order fills based on estimated position in queue.
- Server-side OCO orders.
- Server-side bracket orders.
- Completely stable.
- 100% availability.
- Very fast.
- Order entry allowance follows market session times.
- Powered by the Sierra Chart exchange data feed (which is required) which provides 50 levels of market depth for CME symbols.
- Complete, detailed and reliable trade statistics which can also be accessed by a trading evaluator.
- Long-term (6 months) order fill history maintained.
- Account balance tracking with frequent updating.
- Accurate Trade Position tracking with margin calculations.
- Supports CME, EUREX, cash Forex, and BitMex tradable products.
- Request a simulated trading account be assigned to your Sierra Chart account through an Account Support Ticket. Let us know what account balance you want and what symbols you want to trade for it. Only CME, EUREX, BitMex and cash Forex symbols are supported.
There are no plans to add ICE symbols at this time.
- Follow the setup instructions for a data feed found on the Real-Time Exchange Data Feeds Available from Sierra Chart to use a data feed, which is required. Only those users with funded trading accounts can take advantage of lower-priced CME fees for nonprofessional trading accounts. Otherwise, the higher priced CME fees are required for real-time data.
- Select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings.
- Set the Service to Futures Trading Evaluator [trading].
- Press OK.
- Connect to the data feed with File >> Connect to Data Feed. If you have trouble connecting, contact Sierra Chart support.
- Open a Chart or Trading DOM through File >> Find Symbol.
- Submit, modify and cancel orders as you require. Refer to Overview of Trading.
- You can view your trading results through the Trade Activity Log Trade Statistics and Trades tabs.
- Go to this page to access your order fills and share them with another user.
The available symbols are listed in File >> Find Symbol. This includes Futures, cash Forex and crypto currency contracts.
When receiving a security definition message through the websocket server in response to a security definition request for a symbol, in the case of a futures option's symbol, if there is no margin requirement values provided, it is because the exchange is not providing the necessary data to do these calculations.
*Last modified Friday, 23rd August, 2019.