Easy Solution to CME Funded Trading Account Requirement
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and all of the sub exchanges (CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX) have a requirement where in order to receive real-time market data from these exchanges at the lower-priced nonprofessional fees require that you have what they call an active and capitalized trading account. This means an account, that has some balance on it.
Therefore, when using one of the Real-time Exchange Data Feeds from Sierra Chart, if you activate one of these CME related nonprofessional exchange fees you will still not receive the real-time data until Sierra Chart is able to confirm you have a funded trading account. It is the CME which imposes this requirement.
For further information about this, refer to Understanding and Accessing Data From the CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX Exchanges.
You may have a funded futures trading account, but it is not with a supported trading platform service in which case there is no way for Sierra Chart to programmatically verify existence of the account. We use a programmatic verification method, because this is the only consistent and efficient way to confirm the existence of a funded trading account. Since otherwise we have no knowledge of your trading account or its balance.
You may have a funded trading account with a trading platform service supported by Sierra Chart, however you need to connect once a month to that service.
Either of these complicate market data access and will prevent you from accessing the real-time data even though you are paying for it.
This page documents the preferred solution to this problem. Part of the solution is to use the Sierra Chart Trading Technologies based order routing service whereby it is known to the Sierra Chart server, that you have a funded trading account and we can validate this through communications to Trading Technologies user account information which is managed by the clearing firms.
This makes market data access completely seamless without any intervention on your part to connect to a funded trading account once a month. The authorization is simply automatic without doing anything. Although this requires Sierra Chart version 2033 or higher for this.
This solution is provided in cooperation with the futures clearing firm AMP. Even if you have an account with AMP on the CQG or Rithmic systems, it is strongly recommended to still follow this procedure and allocate $100 to an account on TT which is then assigned to the Sierra Chart TT FIX connection. This is to eliminate any requirement for authorizing market data each month. Since it will happen automatically.
This solution is also recommended when you want to use the Sierra Chart Simulated Futures Trading Service with real-time data and you do not have a funded futures trading account. This is a low-cost way, to obtain the real-time CME group data at the lower cost nonprofessional fees with only a $100 trading account.
It needs to be made clear, that the solution documented on this page is only meant for use by those traders who are considered nonprofessional by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- Open an account with the clearing firm AMP by using this link.
- Deposit $100 USD within this account with AMP.
- Once the above is complete, then complete the Trading Account Assignment Request Form we will then contact AMP to have a TT (Trading Technologies) account created and then we will assign it to your Sierra Chart account. This process is completed within one hour usually.
- If you will be paying for Sierra Chart directly through the Sierra Chart website (this one you are on now), be sure to to tell AMP this is the case so they do not offer their version of Sierra Chart to you.
- Once your account is set up on TT and it has been assigned to your Sierra Chart account, then you are all set. There simply is nothing further you need to do and you will have automatic easy unrestricted access to CME group exchange data when paying the nonprofessional fees without any hassles or interruptions.
*Last modified Saturday, 18th January, 2020.