BitMEX Trading Service
Sierra Chart fully supports trading and market data from the BitMEX exchange.
BitMEX is a trading platform that gives retail investors access to the global financial markets using Bitcoin, the Blockchain, and financial derivatives. Ultimately BitMEX uses digital currencies as a common form of collateral to allow anyone, anywhere, to trade anything. Currently clients can trade Bitcoin and other digital currency based derivatives with up to 100x leverage. To date, over US$2.0 billion worth of digital currency financial products have been traded on the BitMEX platform.
You are now able to trade on BitMEX using the powerful Sierra Chart trading platform.
What is Included
- Streaming Real-Time Data: Yes.
- Market Depth Data: Yes.
- Historical Intraday Data: Yes.
- Historical Daily Data: Yes.
- Historical BidVolume and AskVolume: Yes.
- Live Trading: Yes.
- Simulated Trading: Yes.
- Order Types Supported: All except Market if Touched orders.
- Server Managed OCO (Order Cancels Order): Yes.
- Server Managed Bracket Orders: Yes.
- Automated Trading (applies to Live or Simulated): Yes.
- You need to set your BitMEX account to have access to Sierra Chart by assigning your Sierra Chart Account Name to your BitMEX account.
For a BitMEX Live account, this is done through this main BitMEX website page.
For a BitMEX Testnet account, this is done through this Testnet BitMEX website page.
- For proper support for this Service, update Sierra Chart to the current version. Refer to the Fast Update instructions. You will need to be on version 1556 or higher.
- Select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings.
- Set the Service to BitMEX (Testnet) for simulated trading and market data. Set the Service to BitMEX for live trading and market data. The market data is different between these two services.
- Press OK to close the Data/Trade Service Settings window.
- Select File >> Connect to Data Feed.
- If there any connection problems, they will be displayed in Window >> Message Log. In this case, refer to Help Topic 1.2.
- To be sure there are no old symbols listed which should not be listed in the File >> Find Symbol window, follow the instructions to perform a Full Reset of the Symbol Settings.
- To open a chart select File >> Find Symbol from the main menu. In the list, select Bitcoin Derivatives >> Get BitMEX Symbols. Press the Get Symbols button. The available symbols will then be automatically listed.
- Select one of the symbols from the list and press the appropriate button to open a chart or Trading DOM.
- Continue with Step 3 in the Getting Started instructions.
- For trading instructions, refer to Overview of Trading.
*Last modified Monday, 15th May, 2017.