Basic Instructions for Sierra Chart Demo for Brokerage Customers
This page contains basic instructions for trialing/demoing Sierra Chart for customers from or potential customers for futures brokerages.
Although these instructions can apply to any user. They are oriented around those users who will be doing futures or forex trading.
Sierra Chart in general does not support demo trading accounts from any external system. For example CQG or CTS or Rithmic accounts are not supported.
- Create a Sierra Chart account.
If you have a reseller manager account and you create Sierra Chart accounts for users, then just create the account through that interface. And not the link here. If you are an individual Sierra Chart user, use the Create link above to create the account.
- Wait for activation of account if necessary.
- Optionally, create a simulated Trading Account on the delayed Simulated Trading Service. To create this account follow this link.
Click on the Trade Accounts >> Add New Account button to create the account. You will get the form shown in the image below.
This is a simulated trading account on a high-quality and highly reliable server-side environment.
This step is not necessary. You can alternatively use the internal Sierra Chart Trade Simulation Mode which is more simplified. Although creating a Trade Account gives you a realistic trading account with an account balance. You can leave this for a later point in time.
If you require help with creating the Trade Account contact us through an Account Support Ticket.
- Install and Run Sierra Chart.
- Run Sierra Chart using the Sierra Chart shortcut on your desktop.
- Select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings.
- Set the Service at the top to SC Data - All Services if you did not create a simulated Trade Account above. You will have access to the provided Delayed Exchange Data Feed.
Or, set the Service at the top to Trading Evaluator - Delayed if you did create a simulated Trade Account above. You will also be using the same Delayed Exchange Data Feed.
- Press OK.
- Select File >> Connect to Data Feed.
- Open chart or Trading DOM through File >> Find Symbol within the Sierra Chart software.
- To do simulated trading, refer to Overview of Trading. The trading you perform will be simulated.
- Ask for trial extension if needed through an Account Support Ticket if your usage time has ended. We are happy to give trial extensions for up to 30 days so long as there are not excessive questions on our Support Board from the user.
- You can view charts, and trade and practice with Sierra Chart all you want without any need for a brokerage account. Or without any need for any external service.
- The data feed is delayed but this is more than sufficient for demo and evaluation purposes. This is fully explained in the Using Delayed Data To Evaluate Performance section.
- Use the web based trading panel. Requires activation for your account. Request this through an Account Support Ticket.
So long as your Sierra Chart account is active, you will continue to have access to the Simulated Trading Service and the delayed data feed.
You can have access to the delayed futures data feed as long as you want without paying any exchange fees.
With Sierra Chart, all that you have done with the program, including creating Chartbooks, the recorded Daily, Intraday and market depth data, and all of your trading history, all remains with your Sierra Chart installation at all times under your own control.
*Last modified Saturday, 16th May, 2020.