Basic Instructions for Sierra Chart Demo for Brokerage Customers
This page contains basic instructions for trialing or demoing Sierra Chart for customers or potential customers with futures brokerages.
Although these instructions can apply to any user. They are oriented around those users who will be doing futures or forex trading.
Sierra Chart in general does not support demo trading accounts from any external system. For example CQG or CTS or Rithmic demo accounts are not supported.
- Create a Sierra Chart account.
- Wait for activation of account if necessary.
- Optionally, create a simulated Trading Account on the delayed Simulated Trading Service.
Follow the Simulated Trading Service Setup Instructions for this.
This is a simulated trading account on a high-quality and highly reliable server-side environment.
This step is not necessary. You can alternatively use the internal Sierra Chart Trade Simulation Mode which is more simplified and can be used with SC Data - All Services which gives you access to all of the available data Sierra Chart has. Although using the Simulated Trading Service gives you a realistic trading account with an account balance. You can leave this for a later point in time.
- Install and Run Sierra Chart.
- Run Sierra Chart using the Sierra Chart shortcut on your desktop.
- Select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings.
- Set the Service at the top to SC Data - All Services if you did not create a simulated Trade Account above. You will have access to the provided Delayed Exchange Data Feed.
Or, set the Service at the top to Trading Evaluator - Delayed if you did create a simulated Trade Account above. You will also be using the same Delayed Exchange Data Feed.
- Press OK.
- Select File >> Connect to Data Feed.
- Open chart or Trading DOM through File >> Find Symbol within the Sierra Chart software.
- To do simulated trading, refer to Overview of Trading. The trading you perform will be simulated.
- You can view charts, and trade and practice with Sierra Chart all you want without any need for a brokerage account. Or without any need for any external service.
- The data feed is delayed but this is more than sufficient for demo and evaluation purposes. This is fully explained in the Using Delayed Data To Evaluate Performance section.
So long as your Sierra Chart account is active, you will continue to have access to the Simulated Trading Service and the delayed data feed.
You can have access to the delayed futures data feed as long as you want without paying any exchange fees.
With Sierra Chart, all that you have done with the program, including creating Chartbooks, the recorded Daily, Intraday and market depth data, and all of your trading history, all remains with your Sierra Chart installation at all times under your own control.
*Last modified Monday, 10th January, 2022.