Basic Instructions for Sierra Chart Demo for Brokerage Customers
This page contains basic instructions for trialing/demoing Sierra Chart for customers primarily from brokerages. Although these instructions can apply to any user. They are oriented around those users who will be doing futures or forex trading.
- Create a Sierra Chart account.
If you have a reseller manager account and you create Sierra Chart accounts for users, then just create the account through that interface. And not the link here.
- Wait for activation of account if necessary.
- Create a simulated trading account on the delayed trade simulator. Refer to the image below.
If you require help with this contact us through an Account Support Ticket.
- Install and Run Sierra Chart.
- Run Sierra Chart using the Sierra Chart shortcut on your desktop.
- Select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings.
- Set the Service at the top to Trading Evaluator - Delayed.
- Press OK.
- Open chart or Trading DOM through File >> Find Symbol within the Sierra Chart software.
- To do simulated trading, refer to Overview of Trading. When using the Trading Evaluator services, the trading is always simulated.
- Ask for trial extension if needed through an Account Support Ticket if your usage time has ended. We are happy to give trial extensions for up to 30 days so long as there are not excessive questions on our Support Board from the user.
- You can trade and practice with Sierra Chart all you want without any need for a brokerage account. Or without any need for any external service.
- The data feed is delayed but this is more than sufficient for demo and evaluation purposes. This is fully explained in the Using Delayed Data To Evaluate Performance section.
- Use the web based trading panel. Requires activation for your account. Request this through an Account Support Ticket.
*Last modified Friday, 24th January, 2020.