Sierra Chart Trial Account and Account Activation
This page documents the procedure to fully activate a 15 days trial for your Sierra Chart account. It also provides various information about Sierra Chart Trial Accounts.
For an explanation of what is included in a Sierra Chart trial, refer to What is Included in the Free Trial?.
It is no longer necessary to go through this activation procedure. When you create a Sierra Chart account, it will be given 15 days of free usage time with limitations on the amount of chart data that can be loaded and the symbols that can be used.
By default before activation you will be able to load 186 days of Historical Daily data and 10 days of Intraday data. You can use the following symbols or symbols that follow these patterns:
However, if you go through the activation process explained on this page, this will give you no limit to the amount of data that can be loaded and no limits with what symbols can be used.
When you create a new Sierra Chart account you are able to obtain a full 15 days trial through an activation method with a telephone number supporting SMS.
Activation is not available in some countries. Without activation you will still be able to test the features of Sierra Chart for some symbols as explained in the Introduction section.
What is included in that free trial is documented on the What is Included in the Free Trial page.
Only one mobile/SMS telephone number can be used to activate a trial for a single Sierra Chart account. When activating a Sierra Chart account, you can only attempt to use one mobile/SMS telephone number and no other. If you fail to receive the SMS message, you cannot request the activation code be sent to that mobile/SMS number again.
- To activate a trial, run Sierra Chart.
- Select Global Settings >> Activate Trial.
- To the right of Enter your SMS number, enter your mobile phone number. The format is: [country code][full telephone number] Example: 13072222222
- Left click twice on the text Send SMS Code.
- You will receive a code to your mobile phone for activating Sierra Chart. Try again the prior step if you do not receive the SMS Code. Check the telephone number is correct and is of the correct format before trying again.
If you do not receive the SMS Code, contact us through an Account Support Ticket.
- To the right of Enter the received SMS code, enter the code you received to your mobile phone.
- Left click twice on the text Activate Trial.
- You will receive a prompt confirming the activation of the trial.
- Within two minutes, your installation of Sierra Chart will be activated.
- If you have any trouble activating Sierra Chart, just rely upon the access to the limited set of symbols provided in the trial as explained in the Introduction section.
The full functionality of Sierra Chart is provided free for 15 days per user during a trial. However, connection to external Trading or Data services is not allowed during a trial unless you change the Service Package to one of the paid packages. For more information, refer to What is Included in the Free Trial.
After the trial time, free usage is only provided under special cases and has to be requested through an Account Support Ticket.
We do recognize, that users may not have been able to use the free trial time for various circumstances, and we are accommodative of that condition, and we will give you a new trial under those conditions when we are made aware of them.
If for some reason the trial cannot be activated, you can pay for usage time through the Activate Services page. You will need to log in with your Sierra Chart Account Name or Password. You can also alternatively select Help >> Add Usage Credit on the Sierra Chart program menu.
When you purchase usage time, that usage time will be added onto the free usage time that each new account gets.
A new Sierra Chart user receives a standard 15 day trial. The user will not be entitled to another trial until 6 months later. If for some reason you could not use the trial, then to request a trial extension, contact us through an Account Support Ticket.
*Last modified Thursday, 11th May, 2023.