Sierra Chart Trial Account and Account Activation
This page documents the procedure to activate a trial for your Sierra Chart account. It also provides various information about Sierra Chart Trial Accounts.
When you create a new Sierra Chart account you are able to obtain a trial through a mobile phone activation method.
What is included in that free trial is documented on the What is Included in the Free Trial page.
Only one mobile telephone number can be used to activate a trial for a single Sierra Chart account.
- To activate a trial, run Sierra Chart.
- Select Global Settings >> Activate Trial.
- To the right of Enter your SMS number, enter your mobile phone number. The format is: [country code][full telephone number] Example: 13072222222
- Left click twice on the text Send SMS Code.
- You will receive a code to your mobile phone for activating Sierra Chart. Try again the prior step if you do not receive the SMS Code. Check the telephone number is correct and is of the correct format before trying again.
If you do not receive the SMS Code, contact us through an Account Support Ticket.
- To the right of Enter the received SMS code, enter the code you received to your mobile phone.
- Left click twice on the text Activate Trial.
- You will receive a prompt confirming the activation of the trial.
- Within two minutes, your installation of Sierra Chart will be activated.
The full functionality of Sierra Chart is provided free for 15 days per user during a trial. However, connection to external Trading or Data services is not allowed during a trial unless you change the Service Package to one of the paid packages. For more information, refer to What is Included in the Free Trial.
After the trial time, free usage is only provided under special cases and has to be requested through an Account Support Ticket.
We do recognize, that users may not have been able to use the free trial time for various circumstances, and we are accommodative of that condition, and we will give you a new trial under those conditions when we are made aware of them.
If for some reason the trial cannot be activated, you can pay for usage time through the Activate Services page. You will need to log in with your Sierra Chart Account Name or Password. You can also alternatively select Help >> Add Usage Credit on the Sierra Chart program menu.
When you purchase usage time, that usage time will be added onto the free usage time that each new account gets.
A new Sierra Chart user receives a standard 15 day trial. The user will not be entitled to another trial until 6 months later. If for some reason you could not use the trial, then to request a trial extension, contact us through an Account Support Ticket.
*Last modified Thursday, 15th September, 2022.