Date/Time: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 09:44:40 +0000
Post From: How to Use New NASDAQ Total View Data Feed
Sierra Chart Engineering - Posts: 104368
This thread will explain how to use the new NASDAQ TotalView data feed to access delayed or real-time data. This includes historical data, streaming trade and quote data, market depth data (both historical and real-time), and market by order data:
Market By Order Data
This data feed provides data for stocks on NASDAQ, NYSE, and AMEX (NYSE Market).
This data feed is now available for all users effective February 1, 2022.
1. Update Sierra Chart to version 2356 or higher. Instructions:
Software Download: Fast Update
You *must* have this version or higher! Update with Help >> Download Prerelease. You can see your version in Help >> About from within Sierra Chart.
2. Follow the instructions here to update the Symbol Settings:
Global Symbol Settings: Update Global Symbol Settings
3. If you require real-time data, complete the agreements here:
These are not needed for delayed data which you can access on all service packages.
Real-time data requires Service Packages 10, 11, 12 (Instructions to change Service Package are below).
4. If you require real-time data, then activate the NASDAQ exchange here:
There is no cost for the exchange in February 2022. So you will not be billed 16 USD for this month, assuming you are a nonprofessional.
If you require delayed data, you do not need to activate the exchange.
This is all the set up needed on the website side.
5. Once again make sure you are running version 2356 or higher.
6. Set "Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings >> Common Settings >> Allow Support for Sierra Chart Data Feeds" to Yes, if you require real-time data.
Reconnect to the data feed after changing this setting:
File Menu: Procedure to Reconnect to the Data and Trade Servers
7. You can now begin to open charts and receive either real-time or delayed data.
NASDAQ TotalView symbols are in this format:
[standard stock symbol]-NQTV
You can find common symbols and search for NASDAQ symbols through File >> Find Symbol >> NASDAQ TotalView (NASDAQ/NYSE/AMEX Stocks).
We have listed several hundred common stock symbols in that list as well for easy selection.
To search for a symbol, refer to:
File Menu: Searching for Symbols
You can only search by symbol and not descriptions. Support for searching by descriptions will come later.
8. If you want the NASDAQ data feed to be real time, you need to be using Service Package 10, 11 or 12.
To check what Service Package you are currently using, go to:
To change the package follow the instructions below.
To change your Sierra Chart Service Package, select "Help >> Account Control Panel" on the Sierra Chart program menu. On the displayed webpage, click on the "Set Service Package for Renewal" link.
Or go to this page:
You will need to login if you are not currently logged in.
In the "Available Services >> Choose Usage Time Service Package" frame, select the Service Package that you want to set your account to. Press the "Set" button.
The remaining service usage time on your account will be adjusted based upon the cost of the package you are changing to. If the new package is a higher-priced package, then the usage time will be reduced due to the higher price.
There is no charge for changing your Sierra Chart service package. Only your Sierra Chart account usage time ending date is adjusted.
When changing between Sierra Chart Service Packages, the usage time ending date on your Sierra Chart account is adjusted based upon the price differences between the package you are changing from and the package you are changing to.
When changing to a higher priced package, your usage time ending date will be brought back closer in time. When changing to a lower-priced package, your usage time ending date will be brought forward further out in time.
9. If you are using Interactive Brokers and you want to trade from a chart using set to a -NQTV symbol, then what you need to do is set Chart >> Chart Settings >> Trade and Current Quote Symbol to the Interactive Brokers symbol using the symbol format documented here:
Interactive Brokers Symbols: Stock Format
Sierra Chart Support - Engineering Level
Your definitive source for support. Other responses are from users. Try to keep your questions brief and to the point. Be aware of support policy:
For the most reliable, advanced, and zero cost futures order routing, *change* to the Teton service:
Sierra Chart Teton Futures Order Routing
Date Time Of Last Edit: 2022-03-31 15:27:04