Technical Studies Reference
Calculates and displays the Welles Wilder Parabolic SAR (Stop and Reversal) study.
The calculation of the Parabolic study is rather elaborate. For an inside view of the calculations, refer to the Parabolic_S function in the /ACS_Source/SCStudyFunctions.cpp file in the Sierra Chart installation folder.
- Input Data High:The default for the setting is High. The Parabolic study uses the High price of a bar in its calculations. This can be changed to any Subgraph value when basing the Parabolic study on another study rather than the main price graph.
- Input Data Low:The default for the setting is Low. The Parabolic study uses the Low price of a bar in its calculations. This can be changed to any Subgraph value when basing the Parabolic study on another study rather than the main price graph.
- Start Acceleration Factor:The parabolic study uses an Acceleration Factor in its calculations. This Inputs sets the starting value for this Acceleration Factor. The Acceleration Factor is incremented by the Acceleration Increment Input.
- Acceleration Increment:This Input sets the Acceleration Increment.
- Max Acceleration Factor:This Input sets the maximum amount the Acceleration Factor will be set to.
- Adjust for Gap: If set to 1 the parabolic will be adjusted up or down by the gap amount when a gap occurs at the opening of a new day.
*Last modified Friday, 21st April, 2017.