Date/Time: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 12:39:07 +0000
Wanting to Use Sierra Charts with a New Broker
|User580737 - Posts: 8|
I am looking at using Sierra Charts with a new broker. The broker currently supports CQG and TT, plus a few clients with Ninja Trader - so they support CQG Trade Routing & my preferance would be to use CQG data. Just asking:
1. A new broker / back office - do I need give them steps to contact Sierra?
2. Do Sierra Charts offer SFE - Sydney Futures Exchange - APH9 contract data to trade - I could not see this exchange listed on your website ?
3. Understand there is a monthly Sierra package 5 cost. Also understand separate exchange data costs. Also can see there is a per exchange Sierra data Feed cost. Are there any other costs I need be aware of? If I use CQG data do I need to pay the monthly Sierra Per exchange data feed cost (sorry if a dumb question) ?
4. Can I link multiple brokers to my Sierra Platform - if I have more than one brokerage account ?
5. Trade Routing / Server location I guess is up to CQG and my broker ?. I guess the front end server for Sierra is located Chicago - so visible SFE data i see will be routed via Chicago for me to see ?
Apologies if asked too much here
Date Time Of Last Edit: 2019-01-15 15:06:29
Sierra Chart Engineering - Posts: 76441
1. If the broker supports CQG, then there is nothing that needs to be done on either end. Just review the information in our documentation, particularly the Setup Instructions found here:
2. Yes, this is supported through CQG. The symbol is in File >> Find Symbol >> Futures.
3. You have all the information correct about the fees (Sierra Chart Software Package, Real-Time Data Feed, and any Exchanges). There are no other fees involved. If you get your data from CQG, then you would not pay Sierra Chart for the Real-Time Data Feed or for the Exchanges.
4. You cannot link multiple brokerage accounts to a single Sierra Chart instance. But you can use multiple installations to do this.
5. Yes, Trade Routing is dependent on your broker. This depends on where the CQG server is. You will need to ask them this question.
Sierra Chart Support - Engineering Level
Your definitive source for support. Other responses are from users. If possible please keep your questions brief and to the point. Please be aware of support policy:
If your question/request has been answered and you do not have anything further, then it is easiest for us if you do not reply again to say thank you.
To post a message in this thread, you need to login with your Sierra Chart account: