Technical Studies Reference
The Symbol Display study displays the symbol of the chart on the chart.
The size of the text is controlled through the Symbol Study Subgraph with the Size setting.
The Initial Horizontal / Vertical Position Inputs set the initial position for the Symbol. The symbol can then be moved later by left clicking on it when a non-drawing tool is active. Move your Pointer to move it to a new location and then left click again.
In the unusual case that more than one Symbol is displayed on the chart, right-click with your Pointer on the additional symbol text displayed and select Erase Drawing. Or locate the symbol drawing in Tools >> Manage Chart Drawings Window, select the drawing and press the Delete button.
- Initial Horizontal Position From Left (1-150): Refer to the documentation for this Input with the Countdown Timer Inputs.
- Initial Vertical Position From Bottom (1-100): Refer to the documentation for this Input with the Countdown Timer Inputs.
- Lock Position: When this Input is set to true, the horizontal and vertical position of the Symbol text display can not be interactively changed on the chart.
- Transparent Label Background: When this Input is set to Yes, the clock text will be transparent and not completely cover the chart bars.
- Use Symbol Description: When this Input is set to Yes, the symbol description will be displayed instead of the symbol itself.
- Draw Above Main Price Graph: When this Input is set to Yes, the Symbol Display will be drawn above the Main Price Graph bars. This means that the Symbol Display will obscure the Main Price Graph Bars that it overlays.
- Alternate Symbol Text: Text that is entered into this Input will be displayed instead of the Symbol. This text is not displayed when the Use Symbol Description is set to Yes.
*Last modified Friday, 17th January, 2020.