Order Allocation to Trade Accounts
The Order Allocation to Trade Accounts functionality allows for orders that are placed on one trading account to be copied exactly to other trading accounts.
The trade accounts to which the orders can be copied, will be those Trade Accounts that available on the username that is used to login to the Trading service. In the case of when using the Sierra Chart Order Routing Service, these trading accounts can be with the same clearing firm or different clearing firm, all on the same connection.
When using Trade Simulation Mode, additional Sim accounts can be added to be used within Sierra Chart by changing the value in the Global Settings >> General Trade Settings >> Number of Simulation Accounts setting.
The list of Trade Accounts to which the orders are copied is stored with the chart on which the trade order allocations/copies are made. Changing the symbol of the chart does not change the Trade Account allocations that have been made or the status of the Order Allocations.
If a chart is duplicated, the settings for the Order Allocation to Trade Accounts is not copied to the new chart. Order allocations will have to be setup in the newly duplicated chart.
If the Trading Account on the Trade Window is changed to a different Trading Account while the Order Allocation to Trade Accounts is active and orders are placed, then copies of the orders from that trading account will be made to the accounts that are specified in the Allocation Accounts.
If the Trading Account on the Trade Window is changed to a different Trade Account while the Order Allocation to Trade Accounts is active, and if the Trade Account selected is one of the Trading Accounts already specified in the Allocation Accounts, then when orders are placed, the primary account order is placed as normal and copies of those orders are placed for the other Trade Accounts specified in the Allocation Accounts. A second order is not placed for the primary account, even though it is also found in the Allocation Accounts.
It is only supported to copy trades among trading accounts on the same connection/Trading service being used within Sierra Chart. For example, it is not possible to copy trades between a Live account and a Simulated account because these will be on different trading connections.
- On the Trade Window select M >> Settings >> Order Allocation to Trade Account to bring up the Order Allocation to Trade Account window.
- Select an account in the Available Accounts section on the left.
- Select the Add>> button to add the account to the Allocation Accounts section on the right.
- Repeat step 3 as needed to add additional accounts to the Allocation Accounts section. Note that it is not possible to select the currently active trading account specified in the Trade Account dropdown box on the Trade Window.
- Select the checkbox next to Order Allocation to Trade Accounts Enabled to place a check in that box which indicates that the Order Allocation is active and any order placed from this chart will have exact copies of those orders placed for the accounts in the Allocation Accounts section. Removing the checkmark from that box will disable the action of copying the orders to the other accounts.
- Select OK to close the Order Allocation to Trade Account window.
- You can now submit an order as you normally do and it will automatically get copied to the other Trade Accounts.
*Last modified Tuesday, 18th August, 2020.