Date/Time: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 00:00:59 +0000
Can't connect to data, charts flat lined, similar problems to everyone else today
View Count: 1041
|User93534 - Posts: 30|
Was running SC 949 and started getting memory condition error in the message log, but SC ballooned up to 1600 MB in the task manager and quit responding. Upon reopening the program it ran at 100 mb or so, but took up 60% of the CPU.
It will not load a chartbook successfully now. Just a flatline. Have tried downloading the newer version but can't figure out how to transfer all my saved data files properly. I checked the boards and it appears the new version is not working either.
I can't get it to do anything. DTN is convinced this is a SC issue.
EDIT: I found the solution on the out of memory post and everything seems to work.
Date Time Of Last Edit: 2013-06-17 17:33:39
Sierra Chart Engineering - Posts: 103496
The underlying problem is bad data from IQ Feed.
This is what we have discovered:
This morning IQ Feed has transmitted errors on many of their symbols which are way off price. This is causing problems with studies like the TPO Profile Chart study and the Volume by Price study to allocate huge amounts of memory. These studies do have the ability to manage this type of problem but this error is so significant that it is still causing excessive memory use and causing Sierra Chart to freeze.
This is the procedure to correct the problem:
1. Terminate or restart Sierra Chart.
2. Do not open any of your Chartbooks. If you have Chartbooks set to automatically open, then quickly go to Global Settings >> General Settings and remove all the Chartbooks from the Files To Open On Startup list. Press OK.
3. Go to File >> Find Symbol and open an Intraday chart for each of the symbols you have Intraday charts for in your Chartbooks.
4. Look at the charts. If there is a data error, it will be very obvious. Right-click before that data error and select Delete Data and Download. Press Yes to confirm. You might need to scroll back the chart in time to spot the data error.
5.Once all of the data errors are corrected, you can then open your Chartbooks without a problem.
6. Let us know if you need more help.
We do apologize for this, but this is an unexpected issue have to do with bad IQFeed data. It has nothing to do with the new Sierra Chart version. If you updated, it is merely coincidental that this problem has occurred today. It is due to an IQ feed data error.
Sierra Chart Support - Engineering Level
Your definitive source for support. Other responses are from users. Try to keep your questions brief and to the point. Be aware of support policy:
For the most reliable, advanced, and zero cost futures order routing, *change* to the Teton service:
Sierra Chart Teton Futures Order Routing
To post a message in this thread, you need to log in with your Sierra Chart account: