Date/Time: Tue, 06 Jun 2023 13:27:19 +0000
Post From: New Super Enhanced Trade Simulation Service
Sierra Chart Engineering - Posts: 104368
In this post we have described the calculation method for enforcing a position limit:
This functionality is the same for simulated trading and also for the upcoming direct CME order routing. A common code base is used.
To set a position limit with the Trading Evaluator or the Trading Evaluator-Delayed services, follow the instructions below:
The below instructions also assume you have already created a trading account on the new enhanced trade simulation service (Trading Evaluator service).
1. Update to the latest pre-release (2255):
Software Download: Fast Update
2. Select Trade >> Trade Accounts Monitor.
3. In the list of accounts, select the account that you want to edit and you want to set the position limit on.
4. Select Manage >> Edit Trade Account on the Trade Accounts Monitor menu.
5. From the menu at the top select Symbol/Product Limits.
6. In the drop down list box below "Add New Symbol Limits" , select a particular symbol/product you want to add a limit for.
7. Click on the [Add] button twice. You know that you clicked on the button, when you see an * momentarily appear to the left of (button) on the left.
8. The symbol will then be in the Current Symbol Limits list above.
9. Set the Trade Position Limit to what you want. Needs to be a positive number and applies equally to long or short positions.
10. Repeat steps 6 through 9 for other symbols as necessary.
11. Press the Commit button. You should then get a prompt indicating the commit is successful. There is only a need to commit, after adding/modifying/removing the product limits for one or more symbols.
You have now successfully set a symbol limit for your trade account for that symbol/product.
We are putting out an offer, that the first Sierra Chart user who is able to overcome this position limit and create a position which exceeds the Position Limit you have set for a symbol, and provides instructions on how to do so, will be provided one year of free Sierra Chart usage time.
Try doing things like increasing one side of the Attached Orders (Target or Stop), to greater than the position limit and see if you can do that.
If you are able to do this, just simply post here with the information. And then we will verify.
Sierra Chart Support - Engineering Level
Your definitive source for support. Other responses are from users. Try to keep your questions brief and to the point. Be aware of support policy:
For the most reliable, advanced, and zero cost futures order routing, *change* to the Teton service:
Sierra Chart Teton Futures Order Routing
Date Time Of Last Edit: 2021-05-09 09:24:37