Free Mode / Service Package Does Not Support Function
You are in FREE MODE
This message means your usage time has ended. To access the full functionality of the software you will need to purchase usage time by selecting Help >> Add Usage Credit on the menu.
This message will also be displayed if your free trial has been restricted and it requires Activation. If your free trial has been restricted, then fill out an Account Support Ticket to request your account be activated.
If you have paid for usage time and you are still getting this message, then restart Sierra Chart and perform a forced login as explained below:
- Start Sierra Chart. If Sierra Chart is running, restart Sierra Chart by selecting File >> Exit and start Sierra Chart again using the Sierra Chart icon on your desktop or from the Windows Start menu.
- You will see the Login window. Quickly press the Cancel button to prevent a login.
- Enable the Force Login option.
- Make certain the Account Name and Password are set to the account you most recently made a payment on.
- Press the Login button.
- If you have any trouble logging in, refer to the Login Problems page.
Your current service package does not support this function
- What this means is that you performed some function in Sierra Chart or used a particular study that is not supported by your current Sierra Chart software service package. You can quickly view what service package your account is on, by selecting Help >> Account Control Panel on the menu.
- If you have mistakenly received this message based upon the fact that you have paid for the correct service package and you still have time on your account, then you might be using the wrong account or you need to restart Sierra Chart if you just made a payment. Refer to this section for instructions in this case.
- This message will also be given when using certain functions when your free trial has ended and you are in free mode or if your free trial has been restricted and it requires Activation. If your free trial has been restricted, then fill out an Account Support Ticket to request your account be activated.
- If you are on a trial, this is different than free mode that you are placed on when your trial or paid usage time ends, then you will also be given this message when using certain functions of Sierra Chart that are not included in the free trial. For what is included, refer to What is Included in the Free Trial.
- All of the Sierra Chart service packages can be found on the Pricing page.
- To change your Sierra Chart service package, select Help >> Account Control Panel on the menu. Click on the Set Service Package For Renewal link on the displayed webpage and follow the instructions to set the Usage Time Service Package to the required Service Package. After you change your service package, you will need to restart Sierra Chart.
If you need further help on this issue, fill out an Account Support Ticket for assistance.
*Last modified Wednesday, 20th September, 2017.