Date/Time: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 04:39:55 +0000
Post From: Backadjusting spreadsheet database
|vegasfoster - Posts: 444|
So I built a new computer a few weeks ago and now I can't get the events downloader to work on my machine. I attached it if you want to play with it. I'll keep working on it.
1. Install Java, if you haven't already.
2. Unzip the EcomonicEventsDownloader_v5.1.zip file into a convenient folder.
3. Open the folder and double click the EconomicEventsDownloader_v5.1_executable file.
4. This should create a HistoricalEconomicEvents.txt file.
5. Put the EconomicEventsDisplay.dll file in your SierraChart\Data folder.
6. Add the custom study to your chart and change the "File Containing Historical Economic Events" path to the path of the HistoricalEconomicEvents.txt file.
That said, I added the study to my chart even though I don't have a txt file to point to, and it does not have any subgraphs, which means in it's current state it will not output to spreadsheet. If I can get the downloader working, then I will see if I can modify it since this would be extremely useful for my own purposes as well (a project I have been planning for while, but never seem to get to :)).
I have taken a look at the spreadsheet, how do you want to adjust the price, simply shift all of the prices up or down a specified amount?
EconomicEventsDownloader_v5.1.zip - Attached On 2014-02-07 18:51:27 UTC - Size: 26.26 KB - 370 views
EconomicEventsDisplay.dll - Attached On 2014-02-07 18:52:09 UTC - Size: 724.5 KB - 365 views