Date/Time: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:56:21 +0000
Post From: Sierra Chart 64 Bit Version Plan
Sierra Chart Engineering - Posts: 66037
This thread will document the preliminary plan to provide a 64-bit Version.
1. When the 64-bit version is released, this will be the main version of Sierra Chart replacing the 32-bit version. The 32-bit version will still be available though and periodically updated.
2. In this new version, Analysis >> Build Custom Studies DLL >> Remote Build will automatically generate a 64-bit DLL of the custom study source code with a _64.dll file extension.
3. We expect the release to be anywhere from February 15, 2018 to April 15, 2018.
4. A 32-bit version will still be available for those users running Windows XP.
5. Those developers who have created indicators and studies and trading systems for Sierra Chart, need to be prepared to compile them as 64-bit, once the version comes out. You can even start doing this ahead of time and providing us the DLL's ahead of time in preparation. Make sure you append _64.dll to them.
This thread is locked and we will not be providing any further information and we will not be answering any questions at this time.
Sierra Chart Support - Engineering Level
Your definitive source for support. Other responses are from users. If possible please keep your questions brief and to the point. Please be aware of support policy:
If your question/request has been answered and you do not have anything further, then it is easiest for us if you do not reply again to say thank you.