Date/Time: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 23:52:51 +0000
Post From: Linux
Sierra Chart Engineering - Posts: 56275
When we say they have botched server 2012, it means the following and numerous other items:
- When accessing it over Remote Desktop, it is sluggish and not responsive for the first 30 seconds or so, if there are many programs running. Totally different from the perfectly fine responsiveness of 2008. And this is consistent across many 2012 server installations, and not just isolated.
- There is this ridiculous start menu that takes up an entire screen.
- There is this ridiculous charms bar. This is supposed to be a server operating system. Not some experimental desktop full of all kinds of nonsense.
- Cannot run separate time synchronization utility. The time synchronization that it offers, is not as trustworthy for various reasons.
- There are conditions where Windows updates will automatically install, even though we have disabled that. In other words, Windows automatic updates turns back on under certain conditions.
- Loss of the ability to configure color and font settings in the same way on 2008. Very frustrating.
-When it comes to overall execution performance, it is hard to say if it is worse than 2008 but there are indications at times that it is.
Numerous other items which do not come to mind at the moment.
Also take Visual C++ 2017. They have completely screwed that up. We use a touchscreen, and it is not even touchscreen functional anymore. Even menus randomly stop functioning at times. They replace a perfectly fine scrollbar with this tiny barely able to interact with scrollbar in the text editor. Settings randomly change. Various stability problems. They have screwed up Visual C++ so much.
Sierra Chart Support - Engineering Level
Your definitive source for support. Other responses are from users. If possible please keep your questions brief and to the point. Please be aware of support policy:
If your question/request has been answered and you do not have anything further, then it is easiest for us if you do not reply again to say thank you.
Date Time Of Last Edit: 2017-10-18 18:24:30