Technical Studies Reference
Current Price Line
This study displays a horizontal line on the chart at the most current price level for the symbol of the chart. It has various Inputs to configure it.
This study can also be used to display the value at the last chart column of another study Subgraph on the chart as a horizontal line. To do this, set the Based On setting to the study you want to draw a horizontal line for. Set the Input Data Input to the particular study Subgraph you want the horizontal line for. In this case, you must set the Use Last Trade Price From Current Quote Data Input to No.
To display the Current Price Line across the entire chart no matter the scroll position, set the CPL Subgraph Draw Style to Line From End of Chart Left to Right.
- Number of Bars to Display On: This Input specifies the number of bars to display the current price line on. Use 0 to draw the line only on the most recent day in the chart.
- Input Data: This Input controls what price the Current Price Line is based on. The default is Last.
- Display Current Price Line on Chart Bars: When this Input is set to Yes, the Current Price Line will be displayed on the chart bars. When it is set to No, then it will not be displayed on the chart bars. The default for this Input is Yes.
- Forward Project Current Price Line: When this Input is set the Yes, the Current Price Line will be drawn in the Right Side Fill Space.
- Use Last Trade Price From Current Quote Data: When this Input is set to Yes, the last trade price will be used from the Window >> Current Quote Window.
- Number of Forward Projection Bars: When the Forward Project Current Price Line Input is set to Yes, then the Number of Forward Projection Bars Input controls how many bars/columns after the last displayed bar in the chart, that the current price line will be displayed on.
*Last modified Friday, 12th February, 2021.