Google Finance Data Service
Sierra Chart supports downloading historical data from the Google Finance website. This service is provided as is without any support. The data is provided by Google. The protocol could be changed by Google preventing data from being accessed. To use this service, follow the Usage Instructions below.
What is Included
- Streaming Real-Time Data: No.
- Historical Intraday Data: Yes.
- Historical Daily Data: Yes.
- Historical BidVolume and AskVolume: No.
- Live Trading: No.
- Simulated Trading: Yes.
- Order Types Supported: All.
- Server Managed OCO (Order Cancels Order): No.
- Automated Trading (applies to Live or Simulated): Yes.
- You need to be on Sierra Chart package 3 or higher. During a Sierra Chart Trial you are placed on the highest package, so this Google Data Service is supported.
- From within Sierra Chart, select File >> Data/Trade Service Settings on the menu. Set the Service to Google Financial Data .
- Press OK.
- To open a chart, select File >> Find Symbol on the menu.
- In the Selected Symbol box, type the symbol you want to get a chart of. The general format is:
Google lists the symbol as:
So you need to reverse the two parts and use a hyphen instead.
- Go to the Google Finance website to search for symbols.
*Last modified Wednesday, 09th August, 2017.