Unable to Install the Newest Version of the Software
If you are unable to download and install the newest version of Sierra Chart on this web site, then follow all of the instructions below.
- The easiest way to update Sierra Chart to the latest version is to select Help >> Download Current Version or Help >> Download Prerelease on the menu to download the latest version. Follow the on-screen prompts.
Refer to the Fast Update section for detailed instructions. If the Sierra Chart update fails for whatever reason, follow the steps below. Otherwise, stop here.
- Clear your browsers cache. In Internet Explorer select Tools >> Internet Options on the menu. Press the General >> Browsing History >> Delete button to clear the cache.
- Select Start >> Search >> Files or Folders. Select Local Hard Drives for Look in. Search for SierraChartSetup. Delete every file you find which contains that text in its file name.
- If Sierra Chart is running, then close it. Be sure to close all running copies of Sierra Chart.
- Select Start >> Search >> Files or Folders. Select Local Hard Drives for Look in. Search for SierraChart.exe. Make a note of the folder for every location it is found.
- Go back to the Software Download page to download and install the software again. After the download is completed, the setup program will automatically be run. When the setup program asks you for the folder to install the software to, use the first found folder that you made a note of above. You need to install the software into every folder that you found SierraChart.exe.
*Last modified Wednesday, 22nd June, 2016.