What Is New
Log of Changes and Improvements to Sierra Chart
This list contains major items of development, items which are notable, and changes and additions which users need to be informed about.
This is not a comprehensive changes and additions log. It only represents probably 25% of the actual development. There are not version notes for each version. The main Sierra Chart documentation is updated as needed relating to the changes and additions.
In addition to the below listed items for each version, there are also various low-level improvements, issues resolved, and small additions that a release may have which are not listed.
- Improvements and important changes with the Spreadsheet Study feature.
- The last price for a symbol is shown in reverse colors in the price scale area of the chart.
- Using the control-e key will set all charts in a chartbook to the same symbol (see Keyboard Commands in the on-line help for details)
- Triangular Moving Average, Force Index, kurtosis, linear Regressive Slope.
- Overlay study has been added. This study overlays a price graph from another chart on a chart.
- Improvements with the Spreadsheet Study feature. Instructions for the Spreadsheet Study feature are now on the web site.
- The program supports historical chart data directly from the myTrack server instead of the Dial Data service. This simplifies access to historical chart data.
- Simplified opening of new historical and intraday charts.
- Excel support for the Spreadsheet study.
- When downloading intraday chart data, the message log only opens when retrieving more than two days of data.
- Can download historical data from myTrack even if the AIQ trading expert feature is used.
- Corrected a bug with printing.
- The Spreadsheet Study has been added. This study outputs chart data to a Spreadsheet and graphs data from the Spreadsheet to create your own studies.
- Corrected a bug with the scanning feature.
- And and Or operators can be used in condition expressions.
- Improved chart calculator tool.
- Bid ask average line works on all chart types.
- If historical charts are more than 1 day old, then a download will be done before the set download time.
- Version numbers are whole numbers now. It will be incremented by one with new versions. The download file will be named SierraChartSetup.
- The date for Sunday and holiday intraday chart data is automatically corrected to the date the trading is actually occurring on.
- Fibonacci retracement levels can be set in the General settings window.
- Intraday charts can handle new decimal format for stocks.
- Bid and ask displayed in the chart values window. Bid and ask average can be drawn on a chart.
- Can use default chart settings for new charts.
- The latest chart values and price are shown in the chart values window.
- Automatic repair of intraday files.
- The time scale adjustment is now a global setting. It is set in the General Settings window.
- A feature to call external functions for custom studies.
- Horizontal line tool.
- The open interest value in intraday charts shows the number of trades per bar.
- Mountain charts.
- New study that graphs the sum of all charts in a chart book.
- You can set the number of days to load into a chart.
- Works with a new database from the data feed for improved intraday charting. Can use separate colors for point and figure bars. Studies that use two or more charts in their formula no longer need the Include columns with no data option in Chart Settings window because the charts are synchronized. More studies and tools are to be released in the near future.
- Bar spacing is now shown on the chart window. Can track new intraday charts without reconnecting to the data service.
- Reporting of extended hours trading.
- Easier adding of chart symbols.
- Automatic downloading of data for newly added symbols.
- Scrolling past the right side of a chart will fill in right side with space that is automatically filled as new bars are added.
- Spreadsheet window position and size is now saved with the Spreadsheet file.
- A function has been added to the intraday data editor that lets you delete data from any position in an intraday file to the end. This is very useful for deleting data after missing data that causes gaps or for deleting blocks of data with errors. When you connect the data feed again, the deleted data will be replaced with new data from the server.
- New studies: Trade Volume Index. Directional Movement Index. Directional Movement Oscillator. STIX. 3 chart spread.
- Fibonacci support and resistance tool!
- A beep is sounded when a study alert condition becomes true.
- Higher resolution chart printing.
- Rate of Change study can be used on volume.
- Faster updating of intraday charts.
- Can adjust the time scale on intraday charts to your local time. This is useful if you live in Europe.
- Intraday charts now use the date from the data feed and are not affected by incorrect date settings on your computer.
- If symbols are prefixed with a / on a Spreadsheet, then the Net Change can be colored by setting a colored number format for the cells.
- The historical download retry time has been set to 5 seconds from 60 seconds.
- Up to 100 symbols per Spreadsheet.
- Improved price scale display with fractions.
- Study alerts and scanning!
- Can select a study collection name in the study window without losing changes to settings for the studies on chart.
- Many improvements with point and figure charts. Can graph trade volume for point and figure charts.
*Last modified Tuesday, 03rd January, 2017.