TeleTrader Data Service
The TeleTrader Market Data Service is a quality market data service offering stock and futures data for the European, US and Asian markets.
The TeleTrader Market Data Service provides real-time data, historical Daily data, historical Minute data and historical Tick data.
What is Included
- Streaming Real-Time Data: Yes.
- Historical Intraday Data: Yes. 6 months Minute data. 30 days Tick data.
- Historical Daily Data: Yes. All available data provided.
- Historical BidVolume and AskVolume: Yes. When downloading Historial Tick data only. Based on Up Ticks and Down Ticks.
- Historical Data for Expired Futures Contracts: No.
- Live Trading: No.
- Simulated Trading: Yes.
- Order Types Supported: All. Simulated trading only.
- Server Managed OCO (Order Cancels Order): No.
- Automated Trading (applies to Live or Simulated): Yes.
- Exchanges Available: Refer to TeleTrader Data Universe.
- Update Sierra Chart version 1141 or higher by selecting Help >> Download Prerelease.
- Order the TeleTrader Market Data Service by using this order form.
- When you sign up for this service through TeleTrader, you will specify a Username and Password. This Username and Password is not used to log into the Sierra Chart software. It is used only to connect to the data feed. Instructions for entering this Username and Password are explained in the below steps.
- In Sierra Chart select Global Settings >> Data/Trade Service Settings. In the Service list box, select the TeleTrader service name from the list.
- Enter your TeleTrader Market Data service account Username and Password in the corresponding boxes. This is the Username and Password you specified when ordering the TeleTrader Market Data Service. The letters are case sensitive!
- Set the Time Zone setting to the time zone that you want times displayed in.
- Set the Intraday Data Storage Time Unit to what you require.
- Press OK to close the Data/Trading Service Settings window.
- To connect to the data server, select File>>Connect to Data Feed on the menu. Note: You can only connect to this data feed from 1 instance of Sierra Chart at a time. You cannot use multiple instances unless you have multiple data feed accounts.
- This step and the following steps are very important to follow. To open a chart, select File >> Find Symbol on the menu.
- Follow the instructions in the below image to search for symbols. Your TeleTrader account needs to be provided access to the particular exchanges that you require. Please contact TeleTrader for this. Market statistics are separate exchanges.
- It is important to remember that you need to enter the beginning portion of the symbol or description when searching for symbols. You cannot enter a middle or end portion.
- All of the symbols that match the symbol entered for the selected Security Category and Exchange will be listed under the corresponding Exchange. Select a complete symbol from the list which consists of a symbol, security type and exchange. Example: MSFT.STK.NASDAQ.
- Press Open Historical Chart to open a Historical chart for the selected symbol. Or press Open Intraday Chart to open an Intraday chart for the selected symbol.
- Example search for Cash Index: To search for the DJ Industrial Average, in the File >> Find Symbol window select the Index Security Category. From that category select the exchange the symbol is listed on. In the "Enter search text below" box, enter the search text which should be DJ. Press the Search by Description button. The symbols will be listed under the exchange subcategory when they are received from Tele-Trader. If no symbols are displayed, then there were no matches. Select the symbol and press the appropriate button to open a Historical or Intraday chart.
- With TeleTrader, there is support for the Continuous Futures Contract feature. To use the Continuous Futures Contract Feature for a particular futures market requires that rollover rule settings have been defined for the symbol. These rollover rule settings need to be done by Sierra Chart Support on request.
Contact Sierra Chart Support on the Support Board about this and let us know what TeleTrader futures symbol you want rollover rule settings defined for so we can set that up for you.
- Continue with step number 3 on the Getting Started documentation page.
The TeleTrader Market Data Service is a separately paid for service which is paid to TeleTrader. TeleTrader is a completely independent entity from Sierra Chart. If you want to cancel the service after having subscribed, then you must contact TeleTrader to cancel the service. Keep in mind that exchange fees are not refundable due to exchange rules.
*Last modified Wednesday, 06th September, 2017.