Technical Studies Reference
The Trading Levels study is a study which is meant for a trading educator to provide trading levels to their users which are displayed as horizontal lines on a chart for a particular symbol and on specific days for that symbol.
It uses a web based control panel to set the levels and to authorize users for specific levels. If you are interested in using the study, you need to have one or more users of your trading levels. Contact Sierra Chart Support for setting this up.
To re-request the trading levels data from the server at any time, go to the chart and select Chart >> Recalculate.
- Request Interval in Minutes: The specifies how often in minutes, the trading levels are automatically requested from the Sierra Chart server.
- Use Time Range For Levels Request: When this Input is set to Yes, then the Request Start Time and Request End Time study Inputs apply and limit the requesting of trading levels to the set time range.
- Time Range Time Zone: This sets the time zone for the Request Start Time and Request End Time Inputs.
- Request Start Time: When Use Time Range For Levels Request Input is set to Yes, then this specifies the starting time for the time range that trading levels will be requested during.
- Request End Time: When Use Time Range For Levels Request Input is set to Yes, then this specifies the ending time for the time range that trading levels will be requested during.
- Alternate Symbol: When the trading levels are requested, the symbol will be the symbol of the chart. This is an optional Input to change the symbol to the specified symbol.
- Request Sub-identifier (optional): This is the identifier used when requesting trading levels. The control panel will be set up using this identifier.
*Last modified Sunday, 21st January, 2018.