Technical Studies Reference
Text Display For Study | Text Display For Study from Chart
The Text Display for Study, is a study which is designed to give you a large text display of the value at the last bar in the chart of the selected Subgraph of the selected Study on any chart in the Chartbook.
The study Subgraph can also be from the same chart that this study is applied to. You can position this value text display anywhere on the chart. Use the Study And Subgraph To Display Input to select which study Subgraph on a chart to display as large text.
Once you have the value of a study Subgraph for the last bar displayed, as text on the chart, you may not want to view the original study any longer. To do this go into the Study Settings window for the study and enable Hide Study.
Setting the Text Font Size
To set the font size of the text, open the Study Settings window for this study. For instructions, refer to the Adding/Modifying Studies section.
Select the Subgraphs tab. Adjust the Width/Size setting for the Text Display Subgraph.
- Horizontal Position From Left: This Input specifies the relative position from the left side of the chart that the study value text will appear at. The value can be from 1 to 150. This Input is ignored if Display in Fill Space is set to Yes.
- Vertical Position From Bottom: This Input specifies the relative position from the bottom of the Chart Region that the study value text will appear at. The value can be from 1 to 100. 1 is at the bottom of the region and 100 as at the top of the region.
- Display in Fill Space: When this Input is set to Yes, then study value text will be displayed in the Right Side Fill Space.
- Study And Subgraph To Display: This Input provides 3 list boxes allowing you to select a specific Chart, Study and the study Subgraph that you want to display the last value of as a large text display. If you do not see the particular study you want to select listed and it is on the same chart and in the list of Studies to Graph in the Chart Studies window, then you need to first Apply the studies to the chart before you can select them if they were not applied to the chart before.
In the case of the Text Display For Study the selection of the chart is not supported. This is only supported with the Text Display For Study from Chart study.
- Subgraph Columns Back: The default value for this Input is 0. It specifies from the last column/bar in the chart, how many columns/bars back to get the value from the study Subgraph to display. For example if this is 1, then the second to last value in the study Subgraph being referenced, will be displayed by this study as text.
This can also be set to a negative value to reference study Subgraph values after the last column/bar in the chart. This would be for studies that draw past the last bar in the chart.
- Prefix Text for Displayed Value: You are able to specify text that the displayed value will be prefixed with. This Input allows you to specify the text. This allows you to label the displayed value so you know exactly what it is when looking at it on the chart. The final output will be: [Prefix Text]: [value].
*Last modified Friday, 21st April, 2017.