- Select File >> Send File to User.
- Enter the Sierra Chart Username/Account Name of the user that you want to send the Chartbook to in the Sierra Chart Username/Account Name box. You can find out what their Account Name is by asking them to select Help >> About in their instance of Sierra Chart. What they see displayed there for the Account Name is what you want to use.
- Press the Select File button.
- Select the Chartbook to be sent. Other file types are supported to be sent including Study Collections and Spreadsheet files. Multiple files can be selected.
- Press the Open button.
- Press the Send button.
- Once the Chartbook or other file is uploaded to the server you will see the following in the Message Log:
File to be sent to user successfully uploaded. | [Date Time]
If this is the first time you are sending a Chartbook or other file to a particular user, the user will be notified about this by email and also through the System Notification Message window in Sierra Chart.
The user can accept the file from you, delete it, or ignore it.
If the user chooses to accept files from you, then they will automatically receive the Chartbooks that you share. This process can take about two minutes for them to receive the file.
If a file is shared with a user, and they have another file with the exact same name and extension within their Sierra Chart Data Files Folder, then the shared file will not be downloaded.
*Last modified Wednesday, 10th January, 2018.