Direct Sierra Chart Account
When you are using Sierra Chart that has been provided through an affiliate like a broker or reseller, you do not have a direct account with us, and you need to access functionality that is not provided in your limited version, you must have a paid account with Sierra Chart directly.
To accomplish this, follow the instructions below. It is a very simple procedure.
- If you already have your own Sierra Chart account that you established yourself, even if you are not currently using it, then skip this step and go on to step 2.
If you do not know the Account Name or Password of your own Sierra Chart account, go to the Retrieve Lost Account Name and Password page.
An account that has been provided by your broker is not considered your own account.
If you do not have your own Sierra Chart account, create a Sierra Chart account.
- Download and install Sierra Chart. It is not a problem if you already have an existing installation of Sierra Chart. It will simply be updated. The purpose of this step is to make certain you have an up-to-date copy of Sierra Chart and an icon on your desktop. In some cases this is an unnecessary step, however it is stated because it is required for some users. You will not lose any of your settings or Chartbooks.
If you know your installation of Sierra Chart is located in C:\SierraChart and it is up to date, you can skip this step.
For more advanced users who want to use multiple Data and Trading services at the same time, you can install multiple copies of Sierra Chart on your system. This is allowed with Sierra Chart licensing. There is no limit to the number of copies you can install and use at the same time on a single system. For the steps to do this, refer to Multiple Services.
- After completing the installation of Sierra Chart, it will be run. To run it at any other time use the icon for it on your desktop. You can also start it through Start >> All Programs >> Sierra Chart on the Windows taskbar.
- You will need to be certain that you are logged into Sierra Chart with your own Sierra Chart account. Follow the below steps to use your own account:
- Start Sierra Chart or restart it if it is currently running.
- Press the Cancel button on the Login window. Be sure to do this quickly before 2 seconds have elapsed.
- Enter your current Account Name and Password on the Login window or verify they are correct.
- Press the Login button.
- If you have any trouble logging in, refer to the Login Problems section.
- After logging in, if you are prompted that the account requires activation, start an Account Support Ticket to request this.
- Go to Data and Trading services page. Find the particular Data or Trading service you want to use and follow the setup instructions for that service.
- If you not have a trading account, you will be able to receive historical data through the Sierra Chart Historical Data Service which is included with Sierra Chart Service Package 3 and higher. Or for real-time data you could subscribe to the Sierra Chart Exchange Data Feed on your account.
- If your affiliate installation of Sierra Chart was in a different folder compared to the copy of Sierra Chart you just installed, then most likely you will want to take a copy of those Data files (Chartbooks, Study Collections, other files) from the affiliate installation to the new installation. To do this, follow step numbers 2 and 3 in help topic number 15.
This is a more advanced step. If you are comfortable working with files on a computer, then you will have no trouble. Otherwise, you may want to skip this step if you are not comfortable doing this. Although it is quite easy.
- Once you have completed the steps and now have a direct Sierra Chart account, you will no longer need your other Sierra Chart account you may have had through the affiliate. You will no longer need to pay for Sierra Chart through the affiliate if you have been doing that, and can cancel with them.
- When your free trial of Sierra Chart ends, to make a payment for Sierra Chart directly through us, you will need to select Help >> Add Usage Credit on the Sierra Chart menu.
*Last modified Wednesday, 19th October, 2016.