Support and Contact - Support Options
- Self Help
- Sierra Chart Accounts
- Pricing Questions
- Support Board - Online Support
- Telephone And Interactive Remote Assistance Support
- Management Contact
- Trading Support
- Telephone Support Policy
On this page you can find all of the various available support options.
Connection Issue?: If you have logged in successfully to Sierra Chart but have trouble connecting or logging in to your external Data or Trading service, and need a solution to this problem, then see help topic number 62.
1. Self Help
Sierra Chart Site Search : Use the Search box at the top of all Sierra Chart website pages to search this website and all Sierra Chart documentation pages.
Help / Frequently Asked Questions
The Help/Frequently Asked Questions page lists answers to questions and problems you may have. Most common issues are answered here in detail. Try to find your answer on this page before sending a question to support.
2. Sierra Chart Accounts
If you have a problem logging into the software, you have a question about your account (not a technical software question), you need help with an error related to your software service package, you need help with making a payment, have a billing question, or you lost your password, go to the Sierra Chart Accounts page, for instructions and to contact Account Support.
This contact method is not meant for technical software support. For technical software support, use support options 3 or 4.
If you are a new user, have never used Sierra Chart before and you see a message on the Sierra Chart System Notification window that says THIS ACCOUNT REQUIRES ACTIVATION, then refer to the Sierra Chart Trial Account and Account Activation page.
3. Pricing Questions
If you have a pricing question, first take a moment and review our Packages and Pricing page.
If you have further questions, it is preferred that you post your questions on the Sierra Chart Support Board. It is quite easy and it only takes a few minutes.
If you have a pricing question, you need to first let us know what Data or Trading service you wish to use. If you have been referred by a broker to us, then be sure to tell us which broker. Otherwise, without having this information it will be difficult for us answer a pricing question because we do not know what Data or Trading service that we support, that you want to use.
If you have questions about the pricing of an external Data or Trading service, those questions must be directed to that service and not us.
4. Support Board - Online Support
If you need help with the Sierra Chart software, or the Data or Trading services, use the Sierra Chart Support Board.
The Support Board is for all questions about and suggestions for the software and supported services. Including pricing questions.
Avoid sending requests by email since it is more organized and efficient for us to handle support through the support request pages on the Support Board. Files can be privately attached to a Support Board post and only seen by Sierra Chart support.
The Support Board provides reliable, efficient and organized communication between you and us. Sierra Chart Engineering continuously monitors the Support Board and it is given the highest priority.
Sierra Chart support will promptly and accurately respond to messages posted on the Support Board. You will also receive an e-mail notice when your message has been responded to.
If complete privacy is needed, you can use an Account Support Ticket instead.
Questions and requests sent to us by email that should be on the Support Board may be delayed by up to 1 to 2 days or not answered at all. In general, we no longer are answering support questions by email unless we believe there is a good reason. If you are asking Sierra Chart Support questions by email related to pricing for external data feed services and when there are exchange fees involved, you can forget about receiving a response because you will not.
5. Telephone And Interactive Remote Assistance Support
Telephone and Remote Assistance Support is only provided within the discretion of Sierra Chart Support. It is only used for help with basic operational issues that are within our control to resolve. For example, if you are having trouble connecting to an external Data or Trading service and need some special assistance for this. It is also important that you have your external service username and password, so that we can help you.
If you would like telephone and remote assistance support in general, then this is available for 0.58 USD per minute. Free telephone support is not provided with the low software and service prices that we charge. If you wish to request the paid service, send us a message through the Account Help Tickets page indicate that you wish to use this service. During this service we use Remote Assistance to view and control your desktop. The time should be prepaid and we will arrange that with you ahead of time.
Link to Remote Assistance Program.
6. Management Contact
To send a private message to the Management about business related issues, use [Java Script Is Required. To View The Email, enable Java Script]. This address is not for any other purpose and improperly directed e-mail will not be replied to at this address.
If you do not receive a reply for your e-mail message, then check your junk folder and make certain that messages from SierraChart.com are allowed on your e-mail account.
7. Trading Support
The Sierra Chart software provides complete Trading capabilities and interfaces with many Trading services. All orders are routed directly to those services and not through Sierra Chart systems.
If you have some priority issue involving trading, this must be directed to your trading/broker service. We are not a broker, we cannot access your trading account and cannot provide any priority trading support. Sierra Chart support should never be relied upon for that.
If you have a question about the trading functionality in Sierra Chart, or question about some particular live or simulated event that occurred that was unexpected, we will according to our own schedule, provide reasonable support for that. For these kind of questions, use our Support Board. The Support Board, does provide a private method to provide your Trade Activity Log in the case where we ask for that.
Understand that any unexpected live trading issues that have occurred cannot be resolved by us. We can only explain what has happened based upon the order and fill activity in the Trade >> Trade Activity Log >> Trade Activity tab. It is solely within this discretion of Sierra Chart support as to whether we will undertake the time necessary to analyze a Trade Activity Log and explain a particular issue that has occurred which was outside of our control and not related to the Sierra Chart software.
If you have any questions about the trading activity and the responses received from the trading server for your orders, you will only need to look at the Trade Activity Log in Sierra Chart. All of the information resides there in an organized format.
8. Telephone Support Policy
Sierra Chart does not have a publicly posted telephone number. Telephone Support is provided within the discretion of Sierra Chart support and Sierra Chart Support will initiate the call to customers as necessary.
Most of us of our support is provided through the Support Board - Online Support.
Telephone and remote assistance support is generally only used to resolve more quickly a basic operational issue or to get information about a problem that we need to resolve in our software or services.
If we decide to use it, we will get your contact information and also use remote assistance to connect to your computer's desktop.
The information below and generally in this section is not applicable to authorized representatives of Sierra Chart resellers, or to those customers who represent a large amount of individual customers like brokers or other large trading groups or educators.
The reason that telephone support is generally not provided is as follows:
- We are very busy and need to move through support requests with a minimum amount of time, and telephone support generally takes a significant amount of more time.
- Support is provided by engineers and it would be very difficult for us and take time away from our development, if we have an open telephone line.
- There is less public questions and answers and problem resolutions which is publicly available if telephone support is used.
- If we were to have an open telephone line, it would have to be someone who is at a lower rate of pay especially with the low prices of Sierra Chart. This person would not possess the same level of knowledge that the engineers of the software would. Therefore, many of the issues brought to them they would not be able to quickly and effectively handle. Anyway, it is the firm position of Sierra Chart that no such person will ever be assigned to an open telephone line.
- Sierra Chart works with numerous external Data and Trading services each with their own set of issues and ways in which they work. It is a complete impossibility for us to be taking all kinds of questions and problem reports by telephone relating to the services which we would get. This would quickly get insane and we have no interest in this. Why would we want to be bothered with all kinds of external problems that we have no control over, especially on the telephone? It simply makes no sense and it is a firm policy that we will not be involved with this.
- Telephone support has no written record of the communication and can be disorderly when there are other procedures that have to be taken which are outside the scope of the telephone call.
- Sometimes there are very sophisticated questions which simply cannot be answered by telephone because they take a lot of time to understand and consider, and we need additional information which has to be provided through a text based format like our Support Board supports.
- Some questions involve fees and costs for external services and especially questions about exchange fees. We do not earn any money these fees and costs. Furthermore, the rules surrounding exchange fees are illogical, confusing and unfair. It is not proper for us to be spending time on the telephone at our expense and time answering questions about things that we do not control and that we earn no money from. It simply is not worth our time and we have no interest in it.
- Use the Support Board and you will see it is a good support option. Having direct communication to the engineers on our Support Board is far superior to anything else out there.
Telephone support still can be provided to those who want it in the cases where we would not normally use it, for an extra fee if you are willing to pay for this.
*Last modified Sunday, 08th May, 2016.